What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthe Rajah

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuyen thi

BANNED
My brother wants to know how to take care of a Nepenthes rajah that I got him , but he does'nt believe a word I say about how to take care of these plants , and then he refused to take the plant i gave him and wants to get one from anybody in the forums . So post or message me for care intructions for this plant , and if any body is willing to give him that plant , then message me through the forums or post here . One more thing , take a vote if this plant is easy to take care of or hard , That brother of mines , he'll never trust me about any thing i say .

(Edited by tuyen thi at 3:51 pm on May 26, 2002)

uhh, you got a plant and you have no idea how to take care of it? well the only people i know with rajah are Nepenthes Gracilis, Tony Paroubek, and Martin

how much did you pay for it? since its a Nepenthes i think you should post this into the Nep forum, and if you search around in the nep forum, under the pages, then you can find other posts about it, nepG has asked about now he owns one and its growing kinda fast for a SLOW grower, its a ultra highland, it likes the night temps between around, 40-50 and the day temps around, 70-80
not too hot, and it likes lots of sun and the humidity has to ALWAYS be around, OVER 80% HUMIDITY for best growth, nepG as his most of the time in 100% humidity and he gives it cool temps 40-50 even though it tolerates 50-60 at night but his is growing fast because he gives it really good conditions
smile.gif

ask him about it, maybe #### post a picture,

Yes, why did you do that Tuyen? Buy a rare plant and noone wants to take care of it? You might as well send it to me I'd gladly take it! No offense but that is sorta ignorant in my view point. Anyhow care instrucitons on how my N.Rajah is grown are as follows.

Temperature- Day-60-80F
                      Night-50-45F
Light- one 15 watt growlight that is 1 foot long

Soil- Living Spahgnum moss

Humidity in general humidity should remain about 70% at all times, but can flucuate down to 50% with no effects. But at night it MUST be in the range I descrbe for night, Rajah NEEDS it that high for very good growth. Day- 70-80%
              Night- ALWAYS must be near 100% IE: 80-90% is fine.

Air circulation- must be good to keep fungus at bay as for all nepenthes.

Feeding- feed when posible with a smaller than normal insect to keep pitcher from rotting, but the tiny piece will suffice the plant greatly.

Watering- water when need with cool-chilly water.

Hope this helps.

N.Rajah as grown under the above conditions.

10234770-45fa-01600120-.jpg

10235640-49df-01600120-.jpg

Sorry for quality , but a sideview.

10235641-068f-01600120-.jpg

New pitcher descending from tendril and use my fingers for a scale of how big my largest Rajah pitcher is so far in it's life.

10235644-ac90-01600120-.jpg

Nice quality photo of overhead view, notice the few pitchers and how healthy my plant is and other peoples
Rajah's are when properly cared for. I also want to mention notice that it's new leaves are significanly larger than the previous ones.Either you or your brother need to care for the Rajah now or send it to me for a trade or something! BTW, how old is your brother?

(Edited by nepenthes gracilis at 9:57 am on May 26, 2002)

Tuyen Thi

A nepenthes rajah is a nepenthes rajah regardless of who is providing the plant. One coming from a forum member will be no different than the one you are offering to your brother. Your brother should say "thank you" and then get advice from this forum or research the web.

Nep G offers good information. Take it to heart and practice the care suggestions on the TWO plants you have. Being such a rare plant, you are lucky that both you and your brother have one. There are many people who would love to get one.

Perhaps since your n. rajah is so large and growing so well (catching and eating 5-lb. squirrels), you could take a cutting of it and share it with someone on the forums who has been looking for a rajah.
smile.gif
OR if your brother does not want the plant, maybe there is someone here who would like to have it.

Suzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back