What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated web page. new pictures!

everyone,
I just updated my CP page!
added some new photos from this year..
please let me know what you think.

(also, if you know a lot about the proper naming conventions for CPs, please proof read the names in my growlist..I want to have all the italics, capitals, quotations, etc correct. there are probably some mistakes in there..)
thanks!
Scot

http://home.petflytrap.com/scottychaos/

Nope, Everything on your growlist is correctly spelled etc
I love mini bonzais! I've gone to meetings with them, one meeting had a 500 year old bonzai! Anyways, where did oyu get yours, and where can I gets ome for myself?
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
...Looks like another hobby in the brewing (but not nearly as good as cps&#33
wink.gif

TIA
-Spec
P.S.- Looks like you might want to trim the roots of your Bonzsai and trin the leaves too
smile.gif

Oh, and I would LOVE for you to update the discuss page!
biggrin.gif

I second Spec, on the angels too...

and I see some VERY happy flytraps!

thanks guys!

Spec,
Bonsai is best if you make them yourself..many native trees (native to where ever one happens to live) can be made into bonsai, maples, pines, oaks, etc..all kinds of trees!
and "indoor bonsai" can be made out of tropical plants, like Ficus.

btw, totally AVOID any of the crap pretending to be bonsai at places like Home Depot and Lowes and such..those trees suck, and are overpriced about 1,000%..
and the LOWEST of the bonsai sellers are those awful junipers sold at every mall in the country around Christmas..most of those trees are dead! (junipers dont look dead for many months after they die) and they are often sold as "indoor" bonsai! they arent..junipers must be outdoors at all times..all year, all winter..

the best way to really learn about bonsai is to get some books! (just like CPs!
wink.gif

there are lots of good books out there, most big book stores have lots of them.

if you want to know any more, just ask!

(oh..and bonsai is pronounced "bone-sigh"..no "Z" in the pronunciation or the spelling!
wink.gif

Scot

That's very nice, Scott! Love the pics and they all the plants look great.

Good job on your web page too.

Thanks...I enjoyed seeing it all.

Suzanne
smile.gif

Bonsai forests are awesome. I have a couple Japanese maples I'm growing for Bonsai.
smile.gif

Nice website! I really like the shelving you made, and the bone sigh are incredible! I have a 10 Y.O. Serissa that is a beauty. If I had the $$ I would be into bonsai (NOT Banzi) big time. I also have something that gets a small gardenia like flower at the terminal ends of the branches that is 20 years old. I consider CP and bonsai to be the eiptome of hprticultural mastery. Congratulations on maintaining such a fine collection in less than ideal circumstances!

Back