What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

building a terrarium start to finish

oh, ok. How long does it take to grow from spores this big?

I assume a good long while...
confused.gif

sphagnum grows pretty quick once it gets going. Do you have any dried sphagnum?? I find it really takes off if you wet it and toss it in a ziplock bag and place it about 6-8 inches below a 2 tube fluorescent shop light. It should be fairly most but not sopping wet... I even have seen sphagnum sprout from some Canadian peat moss I had some cuttings in using this method.

Give it a couple months and something should grow.
Tony

ok, thanks. Mine is growing in my VFT pot. I'll take it out when it gets bigger...

One more question-How many plants should I get?

However many can fit in there, that will fit comfortably for awhile....

ok, thanks! Now I'm just open to suggestions!!
smile.gif

If it's over, THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

How many plants you get will depend on how large the terrarium is, size the plants are when you get them, and how fast they grow, and how big they get.
There is no easy way to answer your question as it is really up to you.

Maybe make of list of the plants you would like to have and then evaluate that to determine if it is possible or not based on the size of your set up.
Tony

ok, I guess that's about right... I'll just have to do huh, huh, huh!!!!!!!
wow.gif
... math
confused.gif

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like u did alll the posting

whattya mean? I know I got a little carried away in the beginning...
confused.gif

Some where arround here I have a 10/15ga ( maybe a little larger ) octagonal fish tank. If your near southern california, I could part with it (currently acting as home for spiders in lath house) at least I think I still have it. Used to have lots of old tanks arround. If your interested lmk I'l do an inventory of what tankage I have stowed about.

Ghrey

Nope, not near Cal., but THANKS SSSSOOOO MUCH FOR THE OFFER!!!!!!!

Back