What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why mike, why?

• Thread starter monkeyman
  • Start date
Why is Mike such a common name? Does anybody know? If you do, please tell, because I'm stumped.
(and so are the 20+ other Mike's I have met in my lifetime)

Thanks,
Mike
confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

I have no idea what you mean, its the parents choice to name the child what they want. Just like yours, so dont come crawling to us saying that a parent named their child the wrong name, its just common sense.
Kevin

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (monkeyman @ Dec. 10 2002,7:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why is Mike such a common name? Does anybody know? If you do, please tell, because I'm stumped.
(and so are the 20+ other Mike's I have met in my lifetime)

Thanks,
Mike
confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
that's it?!? I've met like 300+ Johns in my lifetime

<speaking with a big grin>  Unlike some people Mike, I feel for ya.  When my parents named me Stephen it was an uncommon name.  Shortly afterwards it seemed like every other person was naming their kids Stephen or Steve or Stephanie.  I have pondered this for some time now (2 minutes) and have come to the conclusion that after seeing what a great child I was (and still am according to my wife and daughter) they decided to name their children after me in the hopes that some of my goodness would rub off on their kids.  This is probably what also happened in your case.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Dec. 10 2002,11:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks,
Mike
confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif
[/quote]
that's it?!? I've met like 300+ Johns in my lifetime[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Depending on your profession, meeting 300 Johns might be a good thing.
wink.gif

<laughing hysterically at BCK> Yeah... right... I'm sure that's what happened.

Mike... Concider yourself lucky to only have met that many I lost count at around 100 (and that was just in my highschool) of the number of people I have met who are either Kate or Kathleen. Then, to make matters worse I have to go and Marry a David, him I feel sorry for, worse still his last name (Moore) is also common. In the town he grew up in (somewhere in NJ) there are/were 5 other David Moores.

I don't think Mike's that common. Dave's a common name though - everyone knows or has a friend called Dave!

Yeah, right. My bro is named Mike. BUT I"M A DAVID! DOH!

I was actually on a track team in college, and I ran the 4x1mile (1 lap each outdoors, for those who don't know)....and all 4 of us were Dave's!! The poor announcer....Dave hands to Dave....and hands to Dave....and HANDS TO DAVE AHHHHHHHHHHHH
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

By the way, Dflam, you are a very funny person!
smile.gif
wink.gif

Dyflam - Hahaha... I'd say more than three hundred for the veterans though...

What about the name Ashley?

I wish everyone were named Mike. So whenever I meet someone and they mention their name I will remember it, Mike!. Just think you will not have to say what is your name again sir? or madam? There is a fine time line in which you can still ask for someone’s name but after about three-weeks you are screwed if you forget
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
. I'm sorry what is your name again I have youngzimers? If you are a lady you can be called Sue if you perfer?
wink.gif

Go by the KISS theroy and we will all be happy (Keep It Simply Smarty
wink.gif
) This is just a nickle thought!

travis

1st guy: "What did you say your name was again, Mike?"
2nd guy: "No... I said Mike... with a long I and a soft K!"

wow.gif

Soaps - I'm serious, it's a well documented trend.

Yeah BCK, you're right. I was named after my dad. I'm not a Jr. though, because we have different middle names. Strangly enough, my middle name is stephen.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

One more thing. The reason I didin't reply yesterday was because we had a huge Ice storm. The power and the water were gone. I thought I was going to die of boredom.(i.e. no computer, no tv, no radio or cell phones because the towers were down) Anyway, the power just came back on. And luckily my Neps. were okay even though I almost froze to daeth in the middle of the night.( No heater ) It was worse than the time I went to my Grandma's for the summer. No kid should ever have to go a summer without color/cable tv.

I can't see what the fuss is all about!
biggrin.gif

Kevin, you dont here that name often,
Kevin
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
(the one, the only.......)

Muhammed is the sinlge most popular name in the world.
I saw it on PBS one of NOVA shows.

Peace

Back