What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, i'm back!

Hi Everyone! I'm back... even if just briefly.

I miss you all. I've had some troubles in both my job and my personal life. I've been trying to get things under control and I haven't had the opportunity to keep up with the forums. My aunt in California has been really sick and I've been helping to take care of her. Her chemo and radiation treatments are all finally over and it looks like she'll be ok!
biggrin.gif
It's just been a long road to get here.

I'm back home now and all my plants are doing really well. I really just wanted to stop in tonight to tell you all about something cool. When I got back from CA I found a surprise in my terrarium. A few months ago I received an N.velvet cutting from Jeremiah in trade. I've been trying to root it in a jar of water. So far no roots, but it's been growing! In fact, this week, it produced FLOWERS!!! There's a little flower stalk with a zillion tiny buds! I've never seen a nepenthes flower before... I'm really excited! I never would have expected it on a cutting that hasn't even sprouted roots yet! I'll try and take a picture for you all when they open.
Ok, I'm off to bed now for some much-needed sleep. I miss you all and hope to be able to check in more often. We'll see how it goes...
Bye,
HOLDEN

YOU'RE BACK!!!

***strings up a huge banner saying "WELCOME HOME" with the help of the others***

Hi Holden

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear you've had problems but unfortunately we all get them. But that's great to hear things are getting better. Hang in there and hope you get time to get back to the forums.
smile.gif

Thats awsome about your n. velvet. Congratulations!

Suzanne

wow.gif
8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FinnishKid @ Oct. 05 2003,09
wow.gif
alien.gif
</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A few months ago I received an N.velvet cutting from Jeremiah in trade. I've been trying to root it in a jar of water. So far no roots, but it's been growing! In fact, this week, it produced FLOWERS!!! There's a little flower stalk with a zillion tiny buds! I've never seen a nepenthes flower before... I'm really excited! I never would have expected it on a cutting that hasn't even sprouted roots yet! I'll try and take a picture for you all when they open.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
i am going to put mine in a glass of water and get some flowers too i got one too

Back