What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minibog...

Well. At my work I had to reorganize the outdoor pot wall. The ones i'm interested in are Massive sturdy clay pots... The outside is glazed, and nice, and pretty, you know... But the inside is unfortunatly unglazed............. i was wondering, is it at all possible to make useful? I really like this idea...

There are smaller ones in indoor plants, that are big enough for a big housplant, like a dracena, but thats all... They are glazedon the inside tho..... Well. I may use on of thosenext year or sumthing when I bring my little guy sout of dormancy...

Any suggestions for either of the afformentioned?

I think unglazed inside is bad... collection of mineral, salts, etc. You could line it with plastic or butyl rubber.

You can use the clay pots, but you'll have to find a way to seal the inner part of the pot. You can accomplish this with waterproofing paint that they sell at most garden stores. I went to home depot and bought a spray can of spectracide pruning seal which can also be used to waterproof clay pots. I'm not actually using it at the moment, but I'm planing to use it if I ever find a nice looking clay pot to put my bicalcarata in. I also want to make a small water garden, but that will have to wait until I have somewhere to put it.
smile.gif

Here's the sealer's web page.
Spectracide pruning seal

Joel

Back