Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Akai ryu or typical

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....1766064
    I found this playing around in Ebay, but they look like plain old VFTS to me. I just bought one at Lowes that looks just like these. What do you think?
    MyHumminbird

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks just like my Green Dragons. As I recall, someone else had a pic of seedlings that looked just like those and he also said they are Akai Ryu. They look an awful lot like my Green Dragons prolly still worth the price.. but the ID is questionable.

Steve
    edit: Here are some other pics of my Green Dragons:
    Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fairly sure those are not Red Dragons. Look more like Green Dragons to me also.
    The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the management. And the management will be happy to hear that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is red pigment outside of the trap, so they aren't typical VFT plants. Look like Green Dragon to me, or Red Dragon's that haven't been getting enough sun.

If you see plants like that at Lowes, that would be a surprise!
    Statik2426

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are red dragons [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] You can tell by the color and the petiol shape and the shape of the teeth. They just don't have enough sun for full red color.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I was leaning away from Akai ryu, but from what i've seen of the green dragons, they're red doesn't get that red. It get's to be quite a darker shade, mixing a bit with the left over green. Red dragons seem to get actually red.
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see the pic but I'd be far more concerned about the cultivating information provided. He recommends fertilizing! He also mentions growing them in 40% shade which may account for the lack of red coloration (from what everyone is saying).

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most growing info i've seen for vft's state that they like partial sun. From what i've seen, they like it 'til it almost hurts. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast