Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do for mold?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect there may be some kind of mold growing with my cps. I've noticed white fuzzines on the little twigs in their soil, and thus far no mold has appeared on the plans themselves. Plants at risk include: D. Muscipula, S. Leucophyla and S. Purpurea. They are currently being grown in a terrarium in their pots under a 1750 lumen CF bulb. What should I do?
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cynic81. It sounds like botrytis to me. As long as it doesn't spread to the plants i think you're alright. You could get some fungicide and spray your plants and the soil to be safe. The fungus growth could be a sign of low light conditions, overly humid conditions or poor air circulation in your terrarium. I hope this helps.

-buckeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Buckeye. Do you have circulation? I would recommend spraying with a fungicide. Also try to remove dead matter from time to time.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I hope it isn't due to low light, as the affected plants are showing some nice color under teh bulb, so I'ts probably due to either high umidity or low air circulation, since from time to time I take the plants out of the tank to water them ,and inevitably some will spill on the bottom of the terrarium and sit there. I also consider mysel pretty diligent in removing dead matter from the plants, and I frequently clip back dying leaves. I have a small fan I can use to increase circulation, how long should I leave it on for? Also, what brands of fungicide do you recommend? I tried looking for some at my local Lowe's (regretably the only thing resembling a garden shop within walking distance) and I didn't find any fungicide. I'll try to make another trip out soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the source of the mold may be the fact that my room's Ac unit FESTERS with it. Spores porbably got blown onto the plants on the sill. Would Neem Oil work to kill this stuff? I got some spray yesterday that .9% Neem oil extract. Is this safe for my plants? Affected plants include S. Purpurea, S. Leucophylla, D. Rotundifolia, and D. Muscipula.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can the filters be changed?
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt it. AC is university property. Besides, It wouldn't do much good, as the mold is all over the interior of the unit. But will the neem oil at least keep it off my plants without hurting them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm...Cynic, if you can I figure mold is caused by lack of sunlight, stagnant air, and too much humidity. What you may want to do, is Mist is heavily, den put it in direct sunlight, and then there wouldn't be any mold. This is prior from my first experiments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast