What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how old is everybody???

• Thread starter jiana54
  • Start date
Limnology - The scientific study of the life and phenomena of fresh water, especially lakes and ponds

Yes, limnology is essentially freshwater ecology. Historically, it centered on lakes, but presently it encompasses any kind of freshwater habitat (i.e. marshes, streams, lakes, etc.). My particular study focuses on some truly nasty, dirty, stinky reservoirs about 35 miles north of Kansas City.

Saw this post and thought why not...
I'm 27 and as of 2 weeks ago..unemployed. : (
(now I have more time for my music/reading/guitar/plant hobbies--but need to find work soon!)
-peace
Eric
Eric

Doh! (by me) No links to Anatomy after all...

Doh! (for you) Stinky, dirty reservoirs...

What job do you hope to do with the Masters when you have finished it Sarracenia? Or are you already in currently related employment?

Is anyone else studying anything interesting?

Sarracenia, does your work in limnology bring you in contact with CPs? Do they have anything to do with one another?
smile.gif

As for us having 3 age groups...

young whippersnappers - Disposable Income
25-30 - Disposable Income
40+ Disposable Income

between whippersnapper and 25 - Paying for college
Between 30 and 40 - Payin for Kids.

Gafoto,
I don't come into contact with any CP's. Unfortunately, Missouri doesn't have much in the way of naturally growing CP's. I saw some Utricularia once in a pond, and I think that's the only genus native here.
I guess a limnologist could potentially work with CP's (that would be my dream job), if one were to be working on some water quality research in areas where CP's grow.

Im 13, woo hoo!!!! woo hooo! woo hoo. woo whooo.... Well, that wears out quick!

13 as well!
:biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile:
14 in September.

Hey RamPuppy,
About that 40+ and disposable income, kids in college and high school, they dispose of my income for me before I even realize I have it.

Cheers

Like Jack Benny that stayed at 39, I stay at 29 and will be 29 again this August :wink:

I am 20, I'll be drunk October 3rd. LOL. Occupation wise, I work for Americorps in the eCorps division. http://ecorps.wildtech.org/
Privately, I am a hacker, openly, I am a student working on getting MCSE and "officially" getting my A+ and NetPlus, maybe CISCO eventually, but I don't see why I need it.I am scared to death of the MCSE tests. This stuff is hard when you don't do it for a living yet. I think the connection between us geeks and CP's is the fact that we have an amazing knack at falling in love with the incredibly quirky things of the world. Star Trek is a good example here, alot of geeks like Star Trek, we find the barage of techno babble interesting and challenging, then there are nerds that are all caught up in the mellow drama of the show and watch every episode, I'm not saying that is a bad thing you guys, I just can't do it. I am much more caught up in the Star Wars saga. Anyways back to my point though, CP's are, by their very nature, quite odd and quirky, a plant that eats bugs! How toyetic is that? It is like a battle of the genus', facinating to me and many other geeks that just love having weird stuff to show people that come over. Well, that's my 25 cent psycho-anylasys.

hi my name is jonas, im new here.

im 15 years old. im single, im happy...life is good.

my sister is jiana54.....:shocked::shocked:

Well...a reply seems like the thing to do, so I suppose Ill join in.  Im 19, 20 in august.  I manage a technical service department at a local pc store http://www.cpdist.com
at which ive worked for about 5years....

Yes, for the geek thing. I like bugs. And plants. But I dont let people know. Only my best friends... Ya gotta pretend to be cool ya know!!!

I am retired, but I do seasonal work as a Sound Tech for Festival events, and also am a guitar instructor and perform on acoustic guitar with lead vocals in my group "Barleywine" in the genera of bluegrass, oldtime, celtic, folk and of course the greatest music ever made The Grateful Dead! Currently my main work is creating an online taxonomic photographic reference for the identification Droserae in conjunction with the Principal Seed Analyst of the Idaho State Herbarium. Phase 1 is a digital study of seed testa. I am getting close to earning some letters after my name: World Expert on the Identification of Rosetted Droserae, check out the abbreviation!

I am a Safety Tech. at a high tech industrial plant, it is kind of like being in a small town fire dept., nothing happens for weeks at a time but when it does you had better know what you are doing. We deal with high concentration acids, bases, assorted corrosives, pyrophorics, chronic and accute toxins, etc. I am on the corp. Emergency Response Team, a First Aid first responder and a certified Hazardous Materials Tech. Just another day in paradise.

I'm 18 XXVI

-hamata

Back