User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fans in a terrarium

Lightbulb

Ok, I've been told that a CPU fan is a good way to increase air circulation in a terrarium.. my problem is, how do I attach it to my aquarium? Any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duck tape it.
    \"Im a mean green motha\' from outa space.... and im bad\"
    Little shop of horrors

my website

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many ways you can attactch a CPU, especially ways that are prettier than duct tape!

First off, most new CPU fans come with self adhering tape and a heat sink grease packet pre-attatched to the lower surface... you can peel and stick.

You can hot glue the fan to the wall, or suction cups, hang it with wire, make a little glass ledge with silicone aquarium sealant as the glue....

any how... 2 cents...
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (WesTrap @ July 26 2002,5:40)
    Duct tape it.[/QUOTE]
    I'd ask Parasuco, he seems to be darn knowlageable. Or go to the Nep. forum, and look at CPU fan.
    Westrap-No offense meant, just saying... Please dont take it offensively.
    I am back..

Unfortunately my heat sink didn't come with any method of attachment and somehow duct tape just didn't appeal to me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    RamPuppy and lithopsman- Thank you for the ideas..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem Purple!

Glad I could help...

Did your fan come with an alluminum heat sink attached to it?

If so, just buy some double stick foam tape, and smack it right onto the glass wall of the tank.

If not, you might try putting the foam tape on the edge of the fans casing, so it pushes air along the back wall of the tank... does that make sense?
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Yes, it does have an alluminum heat sink attached. I like the double stick foam tape idea best. Now if I could just find that post I saw about wiring these things.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

8. Tags for this Thread