Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The future is wild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching the future is wild on animal planet... they just showed some future cps! seemed kinda fake though... they also showed a drosera spatulata, and they called it a venus flytrap! They showed a sarracenia falva, and had the correct name, the pitcher plant.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still watching it too. Now they are showing giant sqwids on land. That one CP they had was really weird. I would love to grow it. it would thrive in the las vegas heat and dryness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That one on the branch that grabbed the birds or whatever is neat too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

ahhh , i missed the show today , well i guess i'll have to watch it some other time , when will they have it again , the only part i saw today was the one about the flish and the garden worms .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

It's amazing what the future has in store for cp but catching larger victims. What I was not fond of was calling a D. Spathulata a VFT. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] What were those guys thinking, those idiots.

goldtrap,
    If u live on the east coast than it will show again, this Sunday at 6[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]0 pm. If not check out at www.animalplanet.com.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Spectabilis73 @ July 22 2003,10:23)
    they also showed a drosera spatulata, and they called it a venus flytrap![/QUOTE]
    I noticed that too... I don't know if anyone else feels this way, or if I'm just hot-tempered, but that really burns me up!!! ***sees the footage of D. spatulata*** "This is the Venus flytrap" ***narrows eyes and gets mad***
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if they actually showed a pic of an actual d. spat and called it a flytrap then that is the worse bs i ever heard . i'd asked yuh to tell me what happened in the cp part , but that would kinda spoil it all .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, they called a d. spathulata a Venus Flytrap... Idiots... someone probably just went digging through CP archive footage and pulled that up, thought it looked cool, and gee, it certainly did move like the script said... idiots... I have already fired off an e-mail to discovery (owns animal planet).

Oh, and I hope all of you take this show with a grain of salt, it's just a bunch of evolutionary biologists letting their dreams run rampant.

One thing I was suprised they didn't play around with, is the thought of a transgenic animal or plant... (You know gene spliced corn, or fish, or cows, or you name it.)
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

9. Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast