What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omg! my drosera capensis is moving around a

Hi!
 after reading the recent posts agout feeding cps fish food, I decided to try it 40 minutes ago. I fed a drosera capensis part of a sofened shrimp pellet, and in less than an hour, it's sandwitched in-between the leaf!!! I can actually SEE it moving!!! Don't worry, I took pics every 5 -10 mins, I will keep you all updated with pics, and I will post updated pics every day on this topic
biggrin.gif

Hey, can a mod pleaase change the topic to, "Drosera capensis moving dramaticly around prey, in less than an hour" ? ? ?
confused.gif
I was pyced(sp) when it first happened, lol

Hey Spec,
What do you have to be embarrassed about? Your topic title is WHY I read this thread...
wink.gif

Great pics, but the way...Maybe a little dark, but very demonstrative.

Sweet photo! Thanks for sharing. I think your topic is just fine. Just the "moving around" made me want to take a peak
wow.gif
. I have had my capensis for about six-months now but have never feed it. I will this spring.

travis

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Travis @ Feb. 20 2003,06:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have had my capensis for about six-months now but have never feed it. I will this spring.

travis[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
6 MONTHS?!?
wow.gif
You better go feed it NOW before it eats YOU!!!
wink.gif

Well I purchased it from a flower shop and had no dew - plus most of the leaves were died.  It took roughly 3-months for it to recover...then winter hit
mad.gif

wink.gif
. But I will keep my eye out for bugs as always...

travis

Hey, I have an idea for a new e-bay auction! ***Box full of bugs ready to feed to cps*** Hehehe

when you first feed it, make sure you start off with a small fungus nats, then move up to the larger stuff

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when you first feed it, make sure you start off with a giant fly, and give it plenty of light! then you'll see a gigantic explosion in growth!
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I would actaully advise against the giant fly....go for several smaller ones....less likely that there will be fungal attacks and rotten leaves. Mine pig out on funus gnats, which are small but numerous, and they grow really well.

very cool pics spec . i myself personally have never seen the movement of sundews so i hope i'll see the action soon . I feed my plant anole food that i don't use anymore ever since my anole lizard escaped . the food is just dried up flies with tons of red vintamins .

Wingless Fruitflies are commercially avaible, so are there cultures.
biggrin.gif

thats cool, im going to try it on my capensis, thanks to spec and schloaty......
Kevin

Why do you feed your capensis? I have the oppisite problem. I put them outside and they catch too many bugs. They have to be one of the best bug catchers.

Back