Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: George W bush...

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PooPHeaD on Aug. 22 2002,7:15

all i believe is that we are hurting the earth, but she will take control in time.. it is just a matter of time...[/QUOTE]

Yea, she will have the last word....and I don't think it will be a very nice one for us.....
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My father lives in the woods, my uncles have a camp in the middle of the woods. I loved living in the woods, it gave me a great sense of what mother nature has given us. I have hunted many back roads. But it disgust me when I see so many new trails being made for homes clear cut for paper mills and other reasons. If I every lived in the woods (First - Get a good job - not saying have a bad one [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] ) you have to take the precautions of having a forest fire. It is just like living near a hurricane zone - people need to understand the risk. Unfortunately you make a trail in the woods it stays for decades.

And yes Bush is not the best environmentalist but there is absolutely no way I am going there... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

travis
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

When will people learn, democracy doesnt work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

BCK,
    I was just in Hawaii (as many of you know), and my wife and I went to visit Kilowea (the active volcano on the big island). You are more right than you know with:
    Yea, she will have the last word....and I don't think it will be a very nice one for us[/QUOTE]

You should see what Mother Earth is capable of....
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bush is doing this cus of the fires, but a couple months ago that huge fire that was started by a forest ranger, some lady that wanteed attention and she started the fires

i hate bush, i want clinton back ;[
    Expression = Maneuverability x Coiffure squared

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <>-{VIRUS}-<>They on Aug. 22 2002,8:23
    When will people learn, democracy doesnt work.[/QUOTE]
    As far as I can tell no form of goverment is a sure fire thing. They all get undermined by the greed of the people in power or who want to be in power. So as long as the human race has people who let their greed rule their deeds, we won't see any governing body that works 100% right 100% of the time.

edited @ 10:O3 8-23-02
    As for wanting a president back I just wish we didn't need anyone to represent us.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least he's not Clinton! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] ( sorry if that offends any Clinton fans out there! ) Overall, from what I've seen (although I don't have as much an inside scoop as you all do), Bush seems to be doing a fairly good job..at least in those "larger issues" ( which is a matter of what is big to whom however! ). I personally never have and never will have faith in any form of poitics or any form of politicians, fir the same reasons you referred to BigCarnivourKid! They're all ruled by a thirst for power and greed as far as I'm concerned, and under those circumstances, there really will never be any government that works "for the people" in any country. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]
    To live we must learn to forgive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Really Agree with everyones remark in some way, and you all gave me some great material for a speech for english class that i am putting together for the class, thank you all very much, and schloaty welcoeme back! and i love your response to the topic of how mother nature is showing her rage on Kilowea Island, but she is also showing her creative side to her power, as for the volcano made th island, and if people want to live on that island then they will have to live with the danger of having a massive volcanic explosion that could inihilate the whole community, but back to forests... i just read in the paper that there were riots in prtland Oregeon, where GWB was spending the night, sadely the protests must have gotten out of hand and violence came to part... i really dont know why people resort to violence through getting there point across there are so many other ways to make your point become 10x as strong, instead of using violence, and i also have read that signs of life are already coming back to the forest where the fire has ravaged, everything is budding once more, and that makes me happy... but i also read that bush is going to allow 180,000 acres of fire pron national forests to be logged, that is alot.. and it is gonna devistate things, but i also have got soem first hand expereince stories from some Cp person in oregeon that has told me that the loggers are doing a geat jopb at not devistating the forest and they are also reclaiing the trees they cut, which is to some degree a releaf, but he also told me the sad part was that they still are cutting the 300 year old tree's ... the type of tree that shoudl be left aloen to marvel... but anyways, i really wish i coudl get out there and do soemthign abotu this all... but i dont think that, that will happen sigh... oh well

CHEERS!

Cya laters
    Jim [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]
    Just a capsule of energy brought on this umbrageous oak I see.
    -Jim

9. Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast