What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exploding pitchers...

IT doesnt explain the plant smitherenes everywehre, Joel.
wink.gif

Guys, I don't think it had to do with any pressure thing or squeasing:
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The plants are fine, they were fully formed and open pitchers, kind of big. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
The pitchers were open already. That indicates that either a) something inside the exploded, and blew out the pitcher or b) they were just shredded and scattered (I think b in more likely)

Hehehe, very interesting theories guys. I'm still thinking it's either the raccoons, or maybe a big bug got in and REALLY wanted out. I'd think it would be possible for a wasp or large bee to be able to get through the pitcher if it really wanted to. Didn't look like bite marks still. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

if they are outside could bears get them
confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mindmaze128 @ Aug. 07 2003,10:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">EDIT: Another idea:

A punk kid looks at the puffed up new pitcher and wonders if it would pop like a paper bag. Thus he gets his two hands and smacks them together with the pitcher in between. I think that's a less far fetched idea.

Jœl[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Hmmmm... ***sees punk kid and wonders if his head of hot air will pop like a paper bag... creeps up on him... claps hands together with punk's head in-between***

Heh heh heh heh hehhhhhh!!!

It was alians whut did it.  Like them there cow mute 'a laytiens.  Yep thas what did it!
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

alien.gif

Back