Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Episode 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a lot of reviews that all say it's better than Episode 1 but not very high scores, but i'll see it anyway over the weekend. The one comment thats common in all reviews are that the visuals are excellent.

Wow Ram! Your gonna see it a few more times? I'd rather save my money and just buy the DVD, but I assume your still going to buy it too.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen it but I heard a review of it on the radio this morning. It wasnt that good. The scene at the end got praise but he said the love story line was awful and the actor was terrible. He didn't trash the movie as a whole but said it wasn't as good as other ones. I have to confess I only saw the first one. It was great...I am old. lol Long live Luke Skywalker and Princess Laia (sp?). Are they still alive?

Suzanne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw it today and had a blast!
    People are way too critical it seems.
    Just like in any movie--there are parts that are cheesy and parts that smoke your mind(etc.etc.etc.)---and that holds true for EP. 2.
    My &#36.02
    -peace
    Eric

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do any of you EVER listen to critics? I don't know about the ones in your home town, but here, if our guy Bob Polunski says it sucks, the city runs out and buys tickets.

He's in it for the art, we just wanna have fun.

Episode 2 is programmed to the Star Wars fan, naturally, if you are not a fan of the franchise, I think you will have a good time, but if you are, your gonna love the scenes where charachters make good on their potential.

As for Haden Christiansen being a bad actor, I have to disagree, same with portman, Lucas is not the best dialouge writer there has ever been. Starwars was oritionally written as a Saturday Afternoon Matinee *INSERT CAMP HERE* The only reason the dialouge was better here is because he brought in a script doctor, but how much can you do when you have 3 movies to tell a story that everyone already knows? He's gotta make it fresh some how...

Yes, the love scenes were a little campy, but they got the job done, on top of that however, more importantly, they showed you that Anakin Skywalker already has a smidgen of the dark side running through him... and THAT was the entire point of the movie.

Shaggy, I am glad at least some other person out there likes the movie! I was honestly shocked at all the negative responses here, i know about 30 guys who went to see it yesterday and they all came back saying it was awesome... not a single one of them said it sucked.. go figure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, can't judge a movie until you see it. I'm going to see it this weekend. I've also heard that the loves scenes were horrible as well, and it seemed like it was awkward for Haden Christiansen. But it's this guys first movie (I think?) give him a break!

Most Star Wars fans give it positive and the bad reviews are mostly from non-fans. I just hope it's better than Episode I (which I thought was really bad).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    episode 1 was absolutely horrid. I am ashamed I own the dvd, but my wife bought it for me... Oh well, what can you do! [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Haden Christiansen's first movie I think, was "Life is a House" He suprisingly, palyed a very similar role, brooding teenager.
    The love seens were akward.

Remember this, Star Wars a New hope was targeted towards 12 year old boys, as was The Empire Strikes Back, And Return of the Jedi, it is only natural that the new movies be targeted towards the same age group, to maintain continuity in the way the story is told. the thing is, the origional fanbase is in it's late twenties, early 30's now, and the movies are different, because WE are different.

You just can't go to the movies expecting them to make you feel like you did when you were 10, you have to go in, take off your 'adult hat', absolve yourself of 'high falutin plot expectations' and just be willing to be entertained by a great picture book. That is basically what it comes down to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ram's comment explains many of the problems with Ep 1, and they are all demographically-oriented.

For example, why does Ep. 1 open with the Jedi and not Anakin? Why not follow the boy's plotline, which has all sorts of potential in terms of pacing and continuity? Having events intrude on him and involve him eliminates much of the original's awkward plotting.

One big reason is that it would be very hard to get the audience of young boys and girls to understand the transformation of the major character in the next movie if they identify so completely with the heroic young boy. Lucas wants to *portray* a tragedy, not create a really effective one--he doesn't want the kids bawling and confused, wondering what this means for their own futures.

None of this is a condemnation. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

--Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 13 (I guess the target age of the movie) and am sorry to say that I can only give the movie 3 and 3/4 stars (out of 5 lol). The last scene(s) did however pull the whole movie together. All in all the graphics were as good as I was expecting if not better and there was a real plot which was REALLLLLLY easy to follow but it lacked something (I don't know exactly what) that the originals had. Maybe I expected too much after loving the last three in the series. Oh well... still worth seeing and not a bad movie! :smile:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast