What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desert Growing

I was wondering which CP's would grow outside of a terraruim in New Mexico. Are there any? I don't care if there are indoors or outdoors. Also I dont have that much money to spend so a greenhouse is a project for later. Thanks for the help.

A flytrap would do just make sure it has water at all times.  I would also put it in a place were it would have some shade from the sun.  One more thing you may want slowly introduce it to the sun over time there for it does not get fried.

Travis

(Edited by Travis at 5:44 pm on May 5, 2002)

Ok, so the flytrap can survive in 10-15% humidity?

That is low humidity. I can not really tell you if they could survive (live in Michigan were it is pretty high).  It is a chance you would have to take but me being on the safe side I would say no.  The reason why I say no is because I personally never tried it myself.  I would not want to give you false info.

(Edited by Travis at 9:18 pm on May 5, 2002)

flyboy, check out the article I wrote in plant care and information.

I live in South texas, we have a little more humidity than you year round, but we live under the same sun.

Back