What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May 24 or 25th looks to be the best days for me. I am about 2 1/2 hours from Brown's Bog. Would it be possible for everyone to meet between 11AM and noon somewhere in between both bogs, travel to Jackson Bog and eat lunch there, then visit Brown's Bog?

Nick

Nick,

If I can shake loose that weekend I am on for it, I'll check the maps and once you pick a spot in the middle I will get some directions.

I talked to the cranberry bog folks and a date is not yet set - depends upon the islands condition - they are predicting late June.

Cheers

Yesterday I didn't have anything to do, so I decided check out these bogs. I have to say that if any of you are planning to go, it will be well worth the trip.
I didn't get to see much of the jackson twp bog because it was almost dark. It's an alkiline fen, and that was the first time I have ever been to one. The Brown's lake bog was very nice. The purpurea's are just starting to put out new pitchers and I even saw a few flower buds.
I have to say again it's well worth the trip. If you have thought about making the trip to these bogs you should, you won't be sorry.

Ozzy, good to know the flowers are starting. I might visit the bogs this week just to check things out more.
A couple of things...

I would like some more input on where to meet. I was thinking in the middle but it maybe easier if we just meet at Jackson Bog, have lunch, chat, check out the bog, then go to Brown's Bog. If we go to Jackson Bog first, this would allow time for those coming from further distances to meet up without us all having to spend time at a non cp location.

My suggested arrival times are between 11AM and Noon.

The date is still May 24. If more can come on the 25th, we can change the date.

Could a moderator please pin this to the top of the list. I think its been getting lost in all the discussions.

Thanks,

Nick
smile.gif

Pinned as you asked.
smile.gif
Sounds like a great get-together! Have fun you guys!

Do we still want to do the trip on May 24th? We can pick another date since the 24th is part of Memorial Day weekend. I am still up for the trip.

i know that i've been kind of out of touch on this topic lately...

i'm in for next weekend.  unless of course, that it would be easier for most members to go another day, with the holiday and all.

if anyone is interested, (1) i have a kinda large n. x coccinea that i have been thinking about taking some cuttings of. if your interested in one, i would be more than happy to hook you up, provoded someone can give me a little advice on the proper way to take cuttings (as i have never done it before on a nepenthes), (2) i'm on verizon cellular service, (3) i have invited my mom to come with us, as she might find it interesting (still have to confirm it with her, though), and last but not least (4) if you need directions to jackson bog from the freeway, please feel free to contact me, as jackson township was my old stomping ground. just send me a pm.

any idea on a head count yet?

peace,
brian
technoracer

The 24th is ok with me.

Does anybody that plans to go have a nextel phone?
If so lets exchange numbers so that we can keep in contact.

Is anyone planning to bring their wife? Mine wants to go but she doesn't want to be the only one.

My wife is coming with me.

Will meeting at the Jackson Bog be ok for everyone? This is a change in the original plans.

P.S. If you have something to trade, bring it. I will have a few things.

Gents,
I am still up for the 24th - have we decided on a time and location to meet at?
I have a nextel phone so will pm you with the direct connect # - very good idea.
I will see if the wife would be able to make it - not sure if she is working or not and will let you know.

Cheers

I have a roll of aluminum that I'll bring with me if anybody's interested. It's thicker than al. foil. It's 4 ft wide and I can cut it as long as you want.
It is very useful to line your grow area's, very reflectiive,almost as good as mirrors.
I've traded it for plants before including a N.bical.
If anybody's interested let me know and I'll take it with me to the bogs.

ill try to convinse my dad to come so i can get a ride.

oh yeah, in public my name is.....Anthony.

Hey folks,

Do we have an inclement weather plan - the forecast is nasty for the weekend.
Also if the weather is nice the wife is up for coming along and doing some bogging.
For those interested in visiting Cranberry Bog this year I am including a link - they have gone to a lottery to decide who can visit.
Cranberry Bog Lottery
Ozzy - left my phone at the office - I will get you the number soon.

Cheers

Anthony where do you live?
Maybe I or somebody else can pick you up.

ok, so it seems that we're on for this saturday. do we have a time to meet at the jackson bog? i have kept saturday open, so anytime is good for me. anyone coming in on the freeways that would like more detailed instructions, feel free to email me. i just moved from jackson about a year ago...

i am also going to assume that this will be a "rain or shine" gathering...?

peace,
brian
ttr

what time should i get there?

If we want to eat lunch at the Jackson Bog, I would suggest getting there between 11AM - 12 Noon. I am bringing a picnic lunch to eat at Jackson Bog.

Brown's Bog ( Shreve ) does not have much parking, however there are plenty of parking areas just down the road at the lake. We can car pool down to the bog. I believe there are spaces for about 5 vehicles if we all park at the Bog. This maybe enough for everyone.

Forcast looks to be clear for Saturday. The rain has been moved to Sunday.

Back