What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off topic but...

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi everybody

A friend of mine is in the hospital. Yesterday he had a 9-hour surgery to reconstruct his mouth. After having about the worst year you could possibly imagine, it was topped off by being diagnosed with cancer of the mouth. In December he had a terrible surgery which removed his palette and some bones in his cheek and all his teeth on one side (to remove the tumor). Since then, the prosthesis they made him didn't work very well (food and spit out the nose!), so now he has undergone the reconstructive surgery. He has been a bit "hacked up" to get the parts they needed for his mouth. He just got out of ICU but will be in the hospital for a week.

I just thought it would be nice if maybe some of you could take a second to send a brief email to his fiance. She could print them out for him to read in the hospital. I know y'all don't know him and he doesn't know y'all, but both he and his fiance (my friend) hear a lot about the forums and CPs! (They could both probably grow them from hearing me talk about it...lol) I thought it couldn't hurt to know there are "well wishers" out there who care. He's a VERY nice kind-hearted guy who hasn't deserved the horrible things that have happened to him over the last year... and he's taken it all with grace and humor, never giving up. I thought it might lift his spirits to know even strangers can care.
smile.gif

IF anyone would like to, you could drop a "get well" wish to: Steph64@aol.com. Put in the subject line something like "Get Well Wishes for Joey!" so my friend will know its not spam mail.

Thanks to anyone who wishes to do this...if you can think of something funny to say that would be good but just a simple "get well" would be terrific.

I'd super-apprciate it!

Suzanne

Thanks you guys...it really means a lot! {{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!}}}}}}}}}}}}

suzanne

So sorry to hear about Joey. Email with good wishes has been sent. Hugs to you too.

I've sent an e-mail. Poor guy, hope he gets better soon.

Doing....
....Done!

Thanks everybody...his fiance was very touched and appreciative.
smile.gif
He is doing very well (considering). He has a lot of "wounds"...arm, neck, leg from the "parts" collecting and skin grafts, but so far everything looks really good. Its just amazing what a surgeon can do to recreate the body. He will be in the hospital til the end of the week. He is talking and even smiling a bit.

And get this...you know the sterile drapes they use to cover the area around the surgical site? They STAPLE them to your face!! OW! Learn something new every day.

I appreciate the emails!

Suzanne

Back