Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi need experienced experts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noah and I live in the land of sunburn and blisters. Full sun means full bright sunshine-on-the-leaves usually. I personally keep mine in full sun for just part of the day. It would burn to a crisp outside 'cause I live in a valley that holds heat, it really depends on where you live.

Perlite is that somewhat annoying white stuff that's like crunchy styrofoam.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do give it the sun wickedthistle described [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] only do a few hours or provide some kind of shade cloth. THe leaves tend to burn rather quickly otherwise. And ALWAYS keep it watered.

-noah

-by sun I meant sunny windowsill or partial shade outside and by perlite I meant a product similar to pumice that comes in little white balls and is available at your garden center.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drosera capensis (sundew)can be grown on a window will with lots of water ?. 50/50 perlite/peat . When the seedlings have a few leaves, weed or spread them out so they are no closer than an inch from each other. Otherwise they grow very slowly.
    i live in canada wich is about 43 degress above the equator, so i was thinkin if maybe i could have it in full sun for more than 3 hours ? this pft place sure has a lot of nice people [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I live in upstate SC, and I want to make sure my vfts, pitchers, and sundew grow well..should I have them out in the open air or should I keep them inside on the windowsill to get partial sun? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hi everyone, I have a Capensis (well, it WAS a Capensis, now it's 4 Capensis(ies?) not sure of the plural...) I live in lower NY state, and I give all my plants full sun for 3-6 hours, and bright conditions for another 1-2 hours. Most of them are growing like map...except for the Nep. I guess I am in-nep-t with those pitchers...(sorry ).
    As far as Venus Flytraps in updates SC, well, you live where they come from!! I shouldn't think you'll have any trouble as long as they get about 4-6 hours of good sun.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically, if you above N. Carolina, where VFTs originate from, then you can leave your VFTs outside in full sun. I would gradually introduce them to the sun however, say 2 hours on day one, adding an hour each day.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12