Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mars approach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually that is a theory. One of the most pausible, but still a theory. They do not know for sure. If they are correct sending in a probe would not help because the information could not get back out. Even light can not escape its pull.

I think....... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me shed some light on black holes [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] :

Black holes for dummies...
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no one really knows what a black hole is. All people know right now is that it sucks up anything in its path and it dissapears forever, it just turns into nothing... I heard there is one not too far away from the milky way [/QUOTE]

There is a theory that all large galaxies have a super-massive blackhole in their centers (the milkly way supposedly has one).

Not only that, but black holes DON'T suck in everything...they actually expell large amounts of energy and particles in "jets" from their poles....interesting stuff...
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Dyflam @ July 29 2003,07:12)
    Let me shed some light on black holes [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] :

Black holes for dummies...[/QUOTE]
    ***stares endlessly at information, completely absorbed, drool dripping from her mouth***
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love stuff like that! Astronomy is fascinating. That's definitely a red-letter event. Wish I had a telescope. But even binoculars can help. Another favorite is Perseids meteor shower in August. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Perseids and Mars at the same tme would be awsome.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If enough of you were local I would offer to have a Star-b-que. But, I don't think all that many of you live in Northern California.

I might even be able to get ahold of the might whizzer..the gas powered blender.

Chris
    Endlessly seeking a hybrid Dionaea muscipula big enough to eat my co-workers.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This past January, we (Central Florida) had a meteor shower at about 12 : 00 or so A.M. one night... I was waiting for it anyway, since I saw stuff about it on the news. Dang... I was standing out in the driveway, leaning against the truck, all bundled up. It was freakin' COLD!!!! Yeah, it's Florida, but it was still 30 degrees Farenheit. My teeth were chattering so hard, my whole head was vibrating, which made my veiw of the meteorites a little... bumpy.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (TerraX @ July 29 2003,2:03)
    If enough of you were local I would offer to have a Star-b-que. But, I don't think all that many of you live in Northern California.

I might even be able to get ahold of the might whizzer..the gas powered blender.

Chris[/QUOTE]
    Works for me.... Sac is only 2 hours drive from here. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast