Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mars approach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrax,
    there are over 5 people less than 2 hours away from you! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well..let the McParty begin.

I suppose we should scout a location that might be a little more central that doesn't have light pollution quite so bad. The view from Sacramento can be pretty pathetic. Perhaps we can meet at another star party. There are normally ten to twenty scopes at an event. This makes it a little more fun as people will be hunting other objects besides Mars.

Let me do a little research and see if we can't find something suitable. If you have some suggestions, I'm listening.

Cheers!
    Chris
    Endlessly seeking a hybrid Dionaea muscipula big enough to eat my co-workers.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (TerraX @ July 29 2003,4:46)
    I suppose we should scout a location that might be a little more central that doesn't have light pollution quite so bad. The view from Sacramento can be pretty pathetic.[/QUOTE]
    I know what you mean about the light pollution [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] most nights I'm glad I can even see the moon.. let alone stars.. or anything cool like meteors.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here in Tucson AZ we have Kit Peak and other big space watching things, which basically have laws about light polution. For example, those bright halogen lights half to face right down to the ground not even out a little bit from the building. And almost all of our lights in parking lots and allong the roads are those ones than shine orange. Then you just buy a filter to filter out the oarnge and you are all set!
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not entirely certain, but I think the International Dark Skies Association is out of Tucson. So that would make Tucson their pilot city. At any rate, consider yourself very lucky to have that. Tucson has great skies; it would be a shame to ruin it.

Cx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an event listing for Northern California. Their is a pretty good amount of information here. Let me know if you might like to meet at one of these events.

http://www.whiteoaks.com/jane/Mars/

Cx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys can always go to Mt. Tampalpas over by the Golden Gate. It should be high enough to get a view of the night sky without the city lights. Or Mt. Diablo over near Concard. Is a good location. But I never have been up there.
    learn as if you will live forever, live as if you will die
    tomorrow.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had not used my 8" Meade schmidt cassegrain telescope for a long time. It's a shame I got rid of it last year. I still have my small spotting scope, I guess that will have to do.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

9. Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123