What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin of your name

• Thread starter RamPuppy
  • Start date
Hi Jimscott
nothing crazy man but its a lovely breed and i thought he deserved it
smile.gif

God rest his sole
Bye for now Julian

Bugweed came from my youngest boy when he was 4. He was watching his mom working in the yard and asked her what she was doing. She told him she was pulling the weeds. A little later, he was with me when I was cleaning up my CP tables, and asked me what kind of weeds they were. I said that these plants ate bugs. He looked up at me, quizzical look on his face, wrinkled his brow and said, "Bugweeds?" I fell down laughing, and took the name.

good one BW, I actually refer to my plants as BugWeeds from time to time, it's just fun to say...

My handle is from a cooking show called The Urban Peasant... the host, James Barber, is a curmudgeonly old British fellow with a whole lot of incorrect facts to share, and he is especially wrong about a lot of Japanese things... mabudon (pronounced "Mabooooo- Dawn") was his idea of some kind of noodle soup, but a quick search on google reveals nothing of the sort... I think he was thinking Udon but I'm pretty sure his grammar was all wrong.
Just so you know, you have to pronounce it with a really goofy British accent to get it just right

How did I get named? My mother decided she wanted to given her kids unusual names, so we'd be tormented our whole school lives. I am April, and my seester is Karla. I'm glad we have those names now...but back in the day..they were very unusual.

I was thinking of a name some time ago for a forum, and looked down at the keyboard. It sounded beter than Tab or Shift!

Capslock

Mabudon, it sounds a bit like Mabo Udon. There is Mabo Doufu (which is Tofu done Mabo style, a hot chinese style of cooking tofu). Maybe there's also a Mabo Udon ...

The Scupbucket was a barge used for filming most of the open sea and boat scenes in the movie 'Jaws'. HOW RANDOM IS THAT?!

scup- VERY RANDOM!!!! lol I had wondered about that...

SydneyNeps- I know there's stuff with similar names, but you'd have to hear the way the guy says the word, it can NOT be Japanese (plus I've searched the 'net and haven't found much, although admittedly I don't have japanese character support)

I used to be in a band here in Rochester, we had the hardest time coming up with a name! eventually the band's name became "Johnny Chaos".
we played from 1995-2000.

http://www.geocities.com/scottychaos/chaospage.htm

when I first went on-line in 1996, I just picked "scottychaos" as a user name for some random forum, then just started using it for everything!
I was in my 20's when I was in the band, just a few years out of college..
now its 10 years later, im 36, and I dont care for the name that much anymore..but I guess I will just keep using it!
biggrin.gif

Scot

Shokuchuu = Insectivorous in Japanese. As simple as that. No, I don't eat bugs (not intentionally at least), unless they're prepared for human consumption.

My name's is from the video game called Super Mario Bros, and one of the enemies is a Piranha Plant and since it's basically a vft, but instead of eating bugs, it eats plumbers and since this was a cp forum, i wanted a name to match and the other reason, the one I used for another forums, willn't fit in here and probably wouldn't be allowed
smile_m_32.gif

I sometimes use the nick "TwoTon", as I'm German (Teuton) as well as LARGE (Two Tons).

However, I'm thinking of changing it to "NewPanties?".

This is what a friend said when I told him the Latin name for tropical pitcher plants.

Priceless....

LOL! Hans, that is great! NewPanties! LOLOL!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hans Breuer @ Sep. 08 2005,1:02)]I sometimes use the nick "TwoTon", as I'm German (Teuton) as well as LARGE (Two Tons).
You're "TwoTon" on CPUK? I never knew.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You're "TwoTon" on CPUK? I never knew.
What - you couldn't tell by my thick accent?

Well I've always been into asian culture. And Foo Dogs are one of my favorite mythical creatures.
Heres a breif description
"Temple lions first appeared in China with the coming of Buddhism. They are described as small with a swelling cape of dignity around its neck and billowing standard of pomp above its back. Their function is to protect and guard against evil and are often seen protecting buildings of great importance. These Temple lions symbolize great strength and great courage. When the male Lion is seen playing with a ball which signifies the moon pearl which symbolizes blessings and the ball also represents the sun which is Yang. The female lion is seen with a cub lion under her foot and symbolizes Protection. "

mine's just an alternate spelling of my actual name... Conley

I made this name years ago when I was obsessed with a game called
"Chrono Cross" and my online name is Kiento. So I just kind of added em together and got ChronoKiento. I don't use it anymore now I use SilverKiento. Silver is my favorite color. My username is why people always think I'm Japanese. x_x;

-(Kyle)-

*shrug* Mine started in high school, when I read a book that used psuedo-greek/latin to describe a character I liked as "Anasses Duses" (lawless leader). I took Anasses as an online nic when I started college. There were too many "Kims" around. It was unique. No one else had it. I was in my day thought of as a rule-breaker. I've only ever found one other person in the world using it (another fan of the same book).

But then a site decided my nic was offensive because it had a-s-s in it. So I further "greek-ized" it to Anoxos.

Kept it ever since. Again, unique. Don't have to append letters or numbers to it. I'm used to it...

Kim Wajer-Scott
aka Anoxos

Back