What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 plants in 1 pot

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Tags
    flytraps
G

If I buy one of the venus flytraps that have 2 plants in one pot, will I need to replant one of them, or will they both be able to live in the pot together?

Thanks,

D

You can probably get by for a while in the 1 pot. They will be going dormant in a couple months and wont grow much in that time, but I would repot them in the spring.
When you do repot them use a soil mix of 1 part sphagnum peat and 1 part washed sand.

Good luck with your plants
Steve

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vft guy in SJ @ July 29 2003,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They will be going dormant in a couple months[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
tounge.gif
Eek, the words I do not want to hear...
tounge.gif

wink.gif

wow.gif

I have a vfts in one in one pot too, I would just wait until dormancy to do anything about it.

Travis

In Addition:
Also depends on the size of the plants since vfts have bulbs. If they are really small you may want to wait until plants get a little bit bigger.

In addition to my addition:
Welcome to the forums!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

On the other hand, since these are tissue culture plants, they may not go dormant this year.
wink.gif

As for transplanting them, you really don't need to transplant them into seperate pots. They will do fine together for a couple years. When you see roots growing out the bottom of the pot is when they need transplanted to a larger pot or to seperate pots. I find a clump of plants as impresive as one or two large plants.
alien.gif

It is alright if they both grow in the same pot. I have a windowsill planter with about 10 plants in it, and they grow fine. Like BCK said, they might need to be transplanted next spring, but I would leave them together.
alien.gif

-Spec

Back