What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know that some errors were fixed in the second printing - including the U. "reinformis" one.

Regarding the importance of duplication natural habitat, I am not entirely convinces that this is as important.

If I remember my first year biology correctly, an organism's niche is dependent on a combination of the conditions it can grow under, as well as competetion from other organisms in the habitat.

For example: CPs have a range of moisture, nutrient level, temperature. However, when faced with competition in the environment, other species may be more competitive under some part of this range, relagating most CPs to nutrient poor, very wet habitats.

Perhaps some plants would be happier under different conditions than they encounter in the environment? I'm not saying that we shouldn't pay attention to natural growing conditions, just that we shouldn't necessarily consider them to be the "one ture path".

Back