What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent LACPS meeting

• Thread starter larry
  • Start date
This is the meeting I went to on 9.28.2002
Check out the pics I took.  The ones in the middle are from WickedThistle.  Pics at the bottom are the plants I got that day
smile.gif
There's a LOT of pics, so this may take a while.

On to the pics!

I'm getting this message from your link:

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/larryscps/lacps/lacps.htm

I think you crashed the site!!

wow.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

D'oh!
Too many people viewing the site. I guess you'll have to try again in an hour like it says.
confused.gif

I saw the pictures, and they are very good.... VERY good.
wink.gif

I'm gonna have to go to LA sometime in the near future.... GORGEOUS!!
wow.gif

Jœl

Hi Larry,

Thanks for taking some pictures of my pygmy drosera:) The first pot with the reddish colored pygmy drosera are D.xLake Badgerup. The second pot is full of D.palacea ssp. trichocaulis.

The seed grown Sarracenia leucophylla on the first pic. looked much bigger in person. The tallest pitchers were only about 24in, but the pitchers were the stockiest pitchers I have ever seen. The mouth on the pitchers were over 3in!

CP2k

WOW!
Great pics! What is that Nep with the deep purple pitchers? That's really cool!
smile.gif

Looks like the site is working again.
Mindmaze, if you ever come to one of our meetings, be sure to bring a giant bucket, you'll be going home with more plants than you've anticipated
tounge.gif

CP2k, I got more pics of your pygmys from the other meetings too.
Schloaty, the nep with the deep purple pitcher is N. carunculata as far as I know.

Aaargh! wanted to go so bad

Larry, do you know when the next meeting's coming up?

so did I Leo, so did I. Someone was giving rare plants away and then of course there are always the mounds of beautifull plants on display. I couldn't make it though. The next meeting is Dec. 7th. See you there.
smile.gif

-noah

Hope to see you there too, Leo.
Yup, two large bucketfulls of Petiolaris plants, I snagged 4
wink.gif

I don't know how exciting this next meeting will be, its smack dab in the middle of winter dormancy
sad.gif

I noticed Larry... you don't have to rub it in. :/ If they ever become a burden to you just let me know
wink.gif

-noah

Wow. Those REALLY were some wicked pictures!!! haha!!! Good job you photographers! Hehe...

for me, it wasn't that I couldn't make it - I simply didn't know about it! do they have info on this on the web? I took a wild guess and tried www.lacps.org, but that didn't work. thanks

probably won't see much sarrs or vfts in december, but hopefully we'll see plenty of neps.

Oftentimes, the date of the LACPS meetings are not shown on the LACPS website. You might have to view the CP listserve to find the dates. The next meeting is in December. Hopefully, there will be a showing of tuberous/pygmy and winter-growing cps.

Back