What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium design request

I've decided to make pots such that my subtropical terrarium looks a little like Ankhor Wat in Cambodia. It's gorgeous and suits the look of the plants.

I'll be using Pronto air-drying clay and spraying it with acrylic sealer to seal it up against the water. I'm open to any suggestions on pot manufacture, if this seems a poor choice.

At any rate, now for the fun part. I want to grow some other plants as well as well as CPs--something to simulate the strangler figs that grow around and through rock of the temples. Any suggestions from our more experienced terraria-keepers? Any particular CPs you think might fit here?

Thanks--I hope you have fun with this. For a while I was considering making it look like a Chinese restaurant, complete with wallpaper, and I still might do this with my next one, but for now I've got the clay handy and what the heck!

It'll have a nepenthes or two, some sundews, and a butterwort-- the last won't really fit the look, but I like butterworts so sue me.

Steve

Back