Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any recommendations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Cindy, it really depends on your price range. But if you want to take good pictures of plants, you're looking at &#36300+ cameras, although I got mine online for &#36250 [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "good" is relative !

and the reason why I use slide flim and a Canon Elan II (Eos 50e in Germany) with prime objektives.

A digital camera is a much better solution for the web, because it is much easier, faster, (cheaper) and you get more depth of field (because the image-sensor is so tiny).
    In analog world you have to use a tripod for satisfieing macro shots...

But for real photography(!) I wouldn't touch one of these "consumer-digital-toys".

Very interesting to look at Drosera tentacels with a diameter of 1m photographed on slide film and shown at your wall :-)

Martin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't really tell you what is a good digital camera but e-bay has couple of them for cheaper prices when you decide here is the link:
    http://search.ebay.com/search....Cameras

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been researching myself for a new camera. I love my current digital camera but I want better close-up capabilities for my plants and other things. So far I am considering the Nikon Coolpix 5000. It offers macro capability and a wide array of other functions. Nikon has a new camera coming out this summer that is a digital SLR yet to be priced but is supposed to be "competively priced". I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Suzanne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12