Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rescued nep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Man...I got to try that sometime.

I know what I would have said [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] . Can't stand rudeness. Anywho, I've never seen a nepenthes like that from Lowes. Of the two they usualy sell in the midwest, it's not a x Judith Finn (because of the leaves), or a ventricosa (because of the pitchers). It doesn't look like any of the usual two hybrids they sell here in the West either. Were do you live?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

I bet it's like what they do with fish. They don't have to pay the supplier untill the plants sell. All dead plants get replaced for free so they don't care if they kill them >[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] I saved a betta fish from a place, and even though it was almost dead they made me pay full price (their other bettes where dead, shutter)
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My best purchase was a Sarracenia purpurea, and two D. adelea for 25 cents each from Lowes. The S. purpurea was almost dead, but is slowly coming back. The two D. adelea are doing great! This was about 3 weeks ago.

Still looking for Nepenthes local. Got started on the forum because of 2 N. alata I bought at Meijer. Turns out they are highland and I am having problems getting them to pitcher again. Glad winter set in as I can put them in a cooler location.
    Nick

Careful where you crawl, it might be a trap!

http://www.carnivorium.com
    http://www.buckeyecarnivores.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see alot of plants at my localnurderies but i've yet to see them carry neps and butterworts or cobra lilies . I've seen lots of dead plants and its not pretty , I've seen the plants so long , there was a venus flytrap that was at the store since i brought my first vft and they way i knew is that because there was a fern growing in it that came from another one . sometimes i'd just wanna kidnap those poor plants , oh , let me rephrase that , "plantnap" .the only bad thing I've done at nuresuries is take cuttings and water dried plants with the water from the fountain . the common death for cps at nurseries is no water . lets start a small poll , what plants do you see die the most in nurseries , cp's , cacti , others . my vote would be cps .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is one nursery around here that consistently has an unknown nepenthes, Drosera capensis, D. binata, and VFTs. They don't give the VFTs dormancy, and don't let any of the plants sit in water - they pick up the entire pot and dunk it into a bucket of water a couple times a day. Of course, since they don't discount anything no matter how sick it is, it's cheaper to just buy healthy plants from **********.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A note about some of the major home improvement/garden center stores: It probably varies, but most of them have some type of warranty on their plants. Ask about it before you buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking specimen Dyflam. You must have got lucky and found it soon after they got their shipment in. Looks good and healthy to me. Got any idea of what kind it is?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast