What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

User Gallery

Hey, in my other topic, Pictures. you all can send your pictures to here, pcrane@petflytrap.com and he can up load them into the User gallery, there arnt that many pictures there so why dont you all send your pictures that you posted in the other thread? Just a thought, you can check it out by going to the link. Gallery then click on Follow this link [click] and it shows al the pictures that users have posted. Just a thought to make the user gallery bigger
smile.gif

-Stefano

I would do but my plants are looking a bit pathetic at the moment. May/June would be a better time.

Yes, everyone send your pictures into Phil (pcrane@peftlytrap.com)! I am mind controlling you! And send a copy to me (trashcan@hotmail.com) while you're at it. Start sending! NOW! Thanks.

Pat

ng has good reading, i would have never have noticed that
tounge.gif

I'm sure everyone can figure out what I meant.

Pat

Yes I am sure but what if they DID send it to that e-mail adress?

Well Nep G don't get your panties in a bunch
smile.gif
if they did they would just recieve this.....

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
pcrane@peftlytrap.com
Reporting-MTA: dns;hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;mail.hotmail.com
Arrival-Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:18
wow.gif
6 -0800
Final-Recipient: rfc822;pcrane@peftlytrap.com
Action: failed
I tried it just for the heck of it

Well if you wanna make a mountain out of a mole hill (of course not). If they did it, of course they would get the message that unknownclown posted. Like I said, I'm sure everyone here is smart enough to figure it out. You're on a site- petflytrap.com. You send an email to pcrane@peftlytrap.com. You get an error saying that email address doesn't exist. You think for two seconds, and then correct the typo. Bam. Big deal

Pat

(Edited by trashcan at 8:37 pm on Feb. 13, 2002)

All right all right! It was an easy-to-correct error but still I picked it right up. So...uhh......I am a good reader,like stefano said! Joking. Who cares it is over and done with. OK just send em to pcrane@petflytrap.com

Thank You... Thank you all... le tme say I have been having a rough week at work, staying till all hours of the night to upgrade users to Windows XP, solving every manner of problem during the day... to say the least

So this morning, I am in here at 7
wow.gif
0, with a frown on my face, not wanting to work after having put in 16 hours in yesterday...

And I read this topic, And have to put my hand over my mouth, because I laughed so hard at that little exchange, don't ask me why... I just did... I think it reminded me of myself and my brother when we used to fight over nothing, just to irritate my parents... :)

ahhh... memories.

It cracked me up too, and I'm not sure why. Possibly it was UC's comment?
RP, you working overtime or something? 16 hours doesn't sound natural. I once had a coworker say, "I think I'd work well with dead people." So you can't have it that bad!
smile.gif

Chris

Ok! You all make me ILL! 1) A typo... A TYPO! Shoot, I do it all the time...

2) 16 HOURS?! ---- Poor RamPuppy.. you should work with *US*... <grin> where we sometimes work for 30 hours straight without sleep. And THAT'S no lie!

Blah!

I need food.

30 hours straight is sure to screw with your sleep patterns...

thankfully, I won't be putting in hours like this all the time. I inherited a network in pretty sad condition... so I have been doing what I can to standardize it, upgrade it to some modern norm... ####.. I still had a windows 3.1 workstation in here the first day I was here... no way that was going to fly... that sucker got ripped out by the chords and introduced to MR. Dumpster. Within the week everyone will be running windows XP Pro, and I will be a happy camper.

XP pro is a nice platform. i must say I'm jelious Ram :wink:. My site is running a never updated version of Win 98. Which isn't terrible, but it's not great either. The system just LOVES to fall on it's face when I'm in a hurry to get home. God, if I have to fix one more network error with a printer this week I am going to scream! Yesturday, I was called back to the same office 13 times because she could not leave it alone after I fixed it, finally I said, look, I'm done in here, if you wreck it again put your work on a floppy and beg someone else to let you print of their machine. Needless to say she didn't call back again. I'm glad all of us on this site love out jobs so much <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>:biggrin:</span>.

I hear ya bud...

I wanna laugh at some of the stuff I see going on... like, this XP migration, was started, then aborted, before I got ther, because they installed it on one womans machine there, a Duron 700MHz, and the performance was so dismal, the decided not to do anything else with it... well.. I am sitting here thinking... a duron 700... that's well over the min spec requirement on windows xp... hmm... wonder how much memory it has... drum roll... 64 measly megabytes... 64! It states clearly on the xp box, min sys req. 128 MB or Ram. this was a consulting firm that did this!

So needless to say, I am upgrading ram all over the building, upgrading to xp, and replacing the truly pathetic computers with dells... and the company gives the employees the old computers.

Hmm....

WindoZe XPeee.

Well.. I've done the painful migration for our small bizness here... from Macs to wiNd0zE computers...

Though... I'm looking at these things (Dell Dimensions w/ flat panels) ... and thinking .... Maybe they'll end up being alright. It's been a while since I've played with the windows platform... but I"m looking forward to re-learning everything.

And when all else fails, I'll call RamPuppy!!
smile.gif

So... ya think Intel 1.5ghz, 512MB RAM, and neat silver flat panels will do the job? I sure hope so... as I make my way to the poor house
smile.gif

Back