User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: mushrooms on my palm tree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i recently check on the enviroment on my huge palm tree i have in my front yard , its covered in tillansias , ferns , cacti , tropical plants , etc . but recently when i checked closely i saw mushrooms growing . the first type i saw was an orange one that looks like a flat disc on a stick growing out of the plam at the bottom . then a white type grew but it died . then a tiny small browns ones grew . now there are alot of the types that looks like a puffed ip ping pong ball on a stalk . what should i do , it does'nt seem to be harming the palm tree and the mushrooms kinda look cool , i put some fungicide on them as well incase they take over .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooops , i accidently did a typo , can a mod please dit the title and the description below it .

Jeff Hasenflu 623N.Schenley Ave.Youngstown,Oh44509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry have no answer - but how did you get the cacti to grown on the bark of the palm? what type of cacti? i know what type of mushrooms you are talking about - when they are ready to spread seeds they pop and dust stuff comes out like a mini smoke bomb. i would get rid off them all just to be safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would consider the mushroom a parasite. I'd get rid of it. I might go so far as to apply an anti-fungal afterward.

Good luck,
    Chris
    Endlessly seeking a hybrid Dionaea muscipula big enough to eat my co-workers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have many cacti growing on the ground around the palm tree but i do have some epiphyllums growing on te palm tree that seem to be happy . they don't really loke like the puff balls that shoot out spores and i already applyed a fungicide but that just made them grow faster and bigger .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can i see a picture of the cacti to see what they look like?? yeah i have never seen or heard of fungi growing on a palm tree- so that would be something to worry about. clean it off and apply something safe to the area where it was growing and see if it comes back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nevermind i know what it looks like - i have seen it growing in the trees in flordia acouple times.