What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultrasonic Humidifier

timbudtwo

Shoopdawoop
If i were to use carbon filtered water put into a ultrasonic humidifier, and collected the water from it with a home made collector, would this be a good water source?

Ummm, I think you would still have minerals in the water. Carbon Filters will remove the chlorine and other chemicals, but I don't think they work all that well at removing all the minerals. You could check by collecting some water from the ultra sonic humidifier and boiling it down to see if there is any residue left behind. Why not try a steam humidifier? It boils the water to steam leaving the minerals behind. Easiest thing to do is get distilled water at the store.

I agree with Big Kid,

Active carbon filters are really only good for removing amonia, amonium, and other taste effecting chemicals, it does nothing about sediment, dissolved salts, and so on.

Stick with distilled... otherwise your introducing nastyness into your tank as a vapor... eek.

Back