User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Live sphagnum moss....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone, I have a question on sphagnum moss?? I'm thinking of geting some live sphagnum moss, I just want to know how to grow them... As far as lighting, can I grow them under grow lights or can I grow them outside, I live in San Francisco. The highest temp in the city is like 80's to low 50's, and do I leave them in water or keep them damp
    Thanks for the help...
    learn as if you will live forever, live as if you will die
    tomorrow.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Showbiz

This probably won't really answer your question, but I have found that when I put dried ("dead") sphagnum moss in the bottom of my CP tanks, before I know it, I have a nice carpet of green, live sphagnum. Never expected that! But all 4 of my tanks have a beautiful carpet of moss in the bottom. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

So...thats kind of a way to get some if you don't mind waiting for it grow.

Just a thought. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Showbiz, Sphagnum enjoys humidity and pretty mucht he same conditions as your CP's. Keep it damp, if you have a terriarum, grow it in with your CPs. It's pretty low maintenance stuff, humidity and light are the hall marks.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks , I'll do that!!!
    learn as if you will live forever, live as if you will die
    tomorrow.