Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: And the winner is....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this! It's all the repubs fault! It's all the dems fault! Sheesh. Guys, the fault does not lie solely with any one group. That's just too neat. Both parties have some good, valid points. Both parties also have some raving bs. Let's not be so quick to segragate people by ideologies....that's how anger and hatred are justified. Why don't we instead sit down and debate in a friendly manner without anyone getting upset when their argument is countered. Just an idea...

Anyhow, Capslock, That is one really funny slogan! LOL
    New flash....the girls are full of it, in my oppinion. Arnold was a big movie star, and they were star struck. Oh, well....maybe I'm just jaded.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect to hear about "Terminate the Terminator!" bumper stickers showing up on cars as the next recall campaigne starts up in a few months. But don't worry, He'll be back. It's just way too easy, I may have to become a political cartoonist, so much material!!!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to make a comment about the car tax repeal.

Our previous Virginia governor played that card too to get voted into office. Everybody thought that was wonderful! Money back in their pockets! And yup he won the election riding on that platform. I just laughed--fools!

Nobody seemed to wonder how the state would fund the projects and departments being supported by the car tax revenue. How could anyone think the state would just go without those millions of dollars that was depended upon?? DUH! So...all that happened was they raised taxes in other areas to make up for the loss...property taxes have soared.

Not to mention the fact, that it was kept pretty low profile that the tax repeal wasn't going to be immediate--it was to be reduced over a number of years. (You didn't see that mentioned on the TV campaign ads). Quite frankly, I haven't noticed any extra money in my pocket. The tax is down a few dollars each year perhaps, but car taxes reduce every year anyway as your car devalues. So its been no boon of money for me. I haven't really noticed any grand reduction--I'm still paying car taxes. Funny isn't it, since Virginia had the "car tax repealed" years ago! Hmmmmm. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]

Unfortunately our current Governor Warner inherited a financial mess left over from the last governor and is now having to make severe budget cuts to get Virginia back into the black. People may not like it but he's doing what has to be done to get the state into recovery. I think he's doing a great job.

You can't wipe away any tax without finding a way to REPLACE those funds...usually by means of a new tax or increasing existing taxes.

My only hope for CA is that Arnold is a good governor because he isn't a career politician. Maybe that will be a good factor but only time will tell. He will have to prove himself.

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arnold's statements about admiring Hitler appear in court documents concerning the million dollar fee he paid to a writer not to do a book.[/QUOTE]

Hi biggun,

Arnold admired Hitler's rise to power in Germany, not his beliefs. I've never heard that Arnold paid money to an author so he wouldn't write a book. If he did, he did it only to prevent his statement from being taken out of context and interpreted wrong.

We are literally starving the essentials of life and putting a BASIC good life out of reach for more and more people so a relative few can enjoy indulging themselves in Hummers, mansions and luxury. We have taken so much money out of the public good and so celebrated the lone selfish "successful" individual that we cannot even see real priorities anymore.[/QUOTE]

I think most people have hummers and mansions because they earned them by starting a good business, investing smartly, etc. I highly doubt school funding is going to these individuals. More likely school funding is being cut because that state's gov't simply doesn't have the funds.

They never bat an eyelash about asking for, going into debt for and spending money for war, war, war. 87 billion will just appear and it has to according to them.[/QUOTE]

Umm, our country was in debt long before the request for 87 billion. Our country will never get out of debt because there's no reason to.

Well, what is war but waste?[/QUOTE]

You're right, war is waste. It wastes human lives and $$. But it's the only way to secure our country's freedoms from terrorists like bin Laden and Saddam. And remember we have gotten rid of Iraq's #1 weapon of mass destruction; Saddam and his regime.

I think the Democrats whimped out. They should have dumped Davis and gotten one of their real players elected. Once again, they played it safe and nice and the conniving Repubs ran all over them with their unchecked willingless to do anything to win, win, win[/QUOTE]

"Real players" is right. Most dems are players and do and say whatever to get elected. How were the republicans conniving? As i recall, the recall was started because the Californian people wanted Davis out, and they did this through petitions. I would call it democracy.

Oh, well, I guess they can now expose some more CIA operatives by using all their buds in the right wing Bush loving major media. I have news for ya, the media has not been liberal since the 1970's.[/QUOTE]

Huh??!! Why would the Bush admin. want to expose CIA members? I think one got exposed because someone accidentally told the media. And the major media, being un-American like usual, reported the name and expose the agent. I would say the media is the biggest problem in America. All they care about is having a "big" story and making $$$$$$$$$. And by the way, the media is very liberal and extremely Anti-Bush. They became liberal in the 70's and have remained that way ever since.

Now we can thank them for giving us another Vietnam too.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. They have made the war in Iraq into another Vietnam. They did this by reporting only the bad and none of the good. The bad makes better headlines and more money than the good.

-buckeye

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I was kind of on Arnold's side... of course, I'm in Florida, so what business of this is mine?

***hides behind Lauderdale***
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buckeye, you make some good points, but you're just wrong about "the media", in my opinion. All one has to do is look at the rich corporations (the very few) that own the media to know what biases and agendas it has (pro-business, anti-regulation.) Meanwhile, the talk shows on radio are dominated by raving right wingers like Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage, pushing the conservative agenda with every fiber of their beings. The myth of the "liberal" media is pushed by conservatives so as to avoid accountability. Very often, the mere facts of a story appear "liberal" because they chronicle the human tolls of indifferent corporate actions.

Capslock <--- not so much liberal or conservative as anti-corporate.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

"Schwarzenegger: Groping for answers"
    [/QUOTE]

hahaha I love it!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

thats all I have to say I know nothing about politics
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All one has to do is look at the rich corporations (the very few) that own the media to know what biases and agendas it has (pro-business, anti-regulation). . . . Very often, the mere facts of a story appear "liberal" because they chronicle the human tolls of indifferent corporate actions.[/QUOTE]

Hey capslock.

If the media does have a pro-business agenda then why would they "chronicle the human tolls of indifferent corporate actions?" Wouldn't they try to cover this up so people would think big business is good?

Also why is the media only reporting the bad things that happen in Iraq? There is no doubt war is good for business. It creates jobs and generates lots of money. So wouldn't a pro-business media what to report the good things? Things like new schools being open, new women freedoms and a more dependable power grid. I guess, in my opinion, i just don't see the media as being pro-business.

-buckeye

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast