Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: And the winner is....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Drumroll)

It's Arnold, according to CNN's projections. He's ahead with about 1,084,922 votes, compared to bustamante's 671,462 with 19% of all precints reporting in.

Of course, with only 19% reporting there is still some wiggle room, particularly on the Recall decision, with is divided by a mere 10% between yes and no (55% yes, 45% no). It could be Indecision 2000 all over again as far as the media's projections go.

But if Arnold is governor, then may God have mercy on us all...
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've been saying all along that Arnold would win that vote, never mind the fact the he has never spent 5 minutes in any public office. But he is such a good guy in his movies, that means he will be a good governor right? *snort* and now you know why I dont believe in the political system anymore.. What a **** joke.. A bunch of whining crybabies scream foul cause they didnt win the office in the first place, twist enough arms of special interest groups, get everybody into a frenzy and while nobody is looking they sneak in a puppet that they can bend to their whims. I cannot believe they are wasting all this money and time on this BS!!! I weep for the state of California. Its so sad that the average voter is so naive that they would even CONSIDER Arnold, let alone actually vote for him. I see dark times on the horizon. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Politicians never really need to know anything... they all have a bunch of lackeys who make decisions for them. Take for example Bush... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with both of you guys. Dark times are definitely ahead, happy days are gone again. Most people would rather watch football, go shopping, or entertain themselves than vote anyway. Very few can see through any type of propaganda. Free speech is corroding as well. Everyone is so PC. Most people who vote are well over thirty years old. People buy into so much bull. I always try to encourage people to vote and give a d@mn. Back in the days of the Romans whenever the government wanted to sneak in some legislation they would have sporting events so the people would be distracted,disinterested and thoroughly entertained. Well it looks like Superbowl time again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give me a break guys...Arnold has never been a polititian and more importantly he has never been a lawyer...therefore he is probably (requirement #1) honest. He is obviously intelligent and is certainly not going to be intimidated by special interests.
    California will do just fine under his leadership and his well balanced liberal/conservative stance could possibly "wake up" some of the PC liberals.
    Arnold will do just fine and the United States, as a whole, will become a stronger and more responsive nation with Bush at the helm. I would rather we be fighting the Islamic Fundamentilists in the streets of Bagdad than the streets of New York. Remember, you heard it here first. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate politics! Darn it Arnold won! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] Is there going to be a T-4? What, I have to wait another 10 years? great!
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give me a break guys...Arnold has never been a polititian and more importantly he has never been a lawyer...therefore he is probably (requirement #1) honest. He is obviously intelligent and is certainly not going to be intimidated by special interests.
    California will do just fine under his leadership and his well balanced liberal/conservative stance could possibly "wake up" some of the PC liberals.
    Arnold will do just fine and the United States, as a whole, will become a stronger and more responsive nation with Bush at the helm. I would rather we be fighting the Islamic Fundamentilists in the streets of Bagdad than the streets of New York. Remember, you heard it here first.[/QUOTE]

Well said Lauderdale. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Dark times are definitely ahead, happy days are gone again.[/QUOTE]

I'm not from California but i have heard what has been going on there and i would hardly call those times "happy days." California has as much debt as the other 49 states combined and what about the shady electrical deal that caused the rolling blackouts? Arnold won by half a million because people believe he will do a better job than Davis, which shouldn't be too hard to do. The democrats shot themselves in the foot once again. They started their typical late mud slinging scheme with the media’s help. They can say anything (even a lie) and the media will report it as fact. Just like sexually allegations against Arnold. (Wasn't it the democrats who said clinton's personal life doesn't matter and yet they bring up arnold's?) They were so desperate to win that they make themselves look whinny, and foolish. I think it's possible for a republican to win calilifornia in a pres. election now.

-buckeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arnold pretty much bought his way into office. I heard that he spent around 12 million dollars of his own money on the campaign, I live right on the border of California in Nevada so I guess I won't be affected by it.
    I miss my old signature

9. Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast