User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going to a bog to get myself some pictures!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indiana, I thought they were native to South and North Carolina....?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are only native to North Carolina and a very small area in South Carolina. There are no native vft's in Indiana. There is a small area in Florida that has vft's but they were transplanted. I have also heard that there is some transplanted in Michigan, but I can't say for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nick,

I grew up in Ohio and went to college there (Kent State). Where is this bog, it looks great. I would love to visit. I will be visiting some of Michigan's CP areas this spring and summer but I don't have a digital camera and my scanner is broken (too cheap to buy a new one) so I won't be able to post pictures. I will post a description of what I'm able to find.

Keep posting the great pictures. I agree with you, take photos not plants!

Glenn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (0zzy @ Mar. 24 2003,03:56)
    They are only native to North Carolina and a very small area in South Carolina. There are no native vft's in Indiana. There is a small area in Florida that has vft's but they were transplanted. I have also heard that there is some transplanted in Michigan, but I can't say for sure.[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure if I should say this, (people might wild collect them) but they were also transplanted to northern california. Also heliamphora, the heliamphora grew for about 5 or more years, then someone poached them! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Northern Cal. is a big area so just saying that you shouldn't have to worry. I metioned that vft's are in NC and SC but I know just from that nobody will be able to find any. I lived right in the middle of where vft's, S.flava, S.rubra,S.purpurea,S.minor, countless sundews, butterworts and bladderworts, but I never saw any until last year. So unless you have some inside info you won't find them.

6. Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123