Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pitures from my trip

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love these kinds of pictures since I can't get to these sites to see for myself. Thanks for posting them Alan. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] They are so beautiful out in the wild.

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suzanne and Schloaty, it doesn't have to be a pitcher plant bog to visit, it just good for the soul to spend time in the wild. Just taking a stroll through a pine forest, woodland, marsh or even a grassy meadow can really clear the mind.

Alvin, I think the photo on the right labeled S. psittacina is a hybrid. In that particular site, the only sarrs growing there were flavas and psitts, yet that particular one looked different than all of the others that I saw and the pitchers stood more upright. I have to admit that I am no expert at identifying sarr hybrids so I could be mistaken, maybe it's just a form or variant.

Dyflam, seek and ye shall find (just kidding), but wouldn't it be nice if next time you went looking, you found them. I would love to see photos of purps from different parts of the country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pinguicula "pumilla" has an extra "l". It is P.pumila.
    Nice photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CP2k, thanks for pointing out the error. Believe it or not, I used to be able to spell simple six-letter words better than that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12