Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pitures from my trip

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love these kinds of pictures since I can't get to these sites to see for myself. Thanks for posting them Alan. They are so beautiful out in the wild.

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suzanne and Schloaty, it doesn't have to be a pitcher plant bog to visit, it just good for the soul to spend time in the wild. Just taking a stroll through a pine forest, woodland, marsh or even a grassy meadow can really clear the mind.

Alvin, I think the photo on the right labeled S. psittacina is a hybrid. In that particular site, the only sarrs growing there were flavas and psitts, yet that particular one looked different than all of the others that I saw and the pitchers stood more upright. I have to admit that I am no expert at identifying sarr hybrids so I could be mistaken, maybe it's just a form or variant.

Dyflam, seek and ye shall find (just kidding), but wouldn't it be nice if next time you went looking, you found them. I would love to see photos of purps from different parts of the country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pinguicula "pumilla" has an extra "l". It is P.pumila.
    Nice photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CP2k, thanks for pointing out the error. Believe it or not, I used to be able to spell simple six-letter words better than that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12