Okay, so after a couple years of lugging HUGE undrained pots of CPs in and out of the house every spring and fall, I've decided to build a bog in my back yard to just leave the plants in year-round (plus most of my pitcher plants and cobrar lilies are really spreading, so I need more room, anyway). *Its a very nice location -- small yard, completely fenced in by a six-foot tall white vinyl fence (so no stray critters other than squirrels and birds), and a large tree (bog location will get 1/2 to 3/4 day of sun, though). *My question is this: can I transplant my CPs now (American pitcher plants, Venus flytraps, cobra lilies, and temperate sundews are going into the bog), or is it best that I wait until fall as the plants start to go dormant (or even next spring before the plants come out of dormancy?). *Oh, and I know that I'll need to provide additional shelter for the cold winter months -- probably will cover the bog with a tarp and then a thick layer of straw or leaves.
Ideas? *Suggestions? *I'm in zone 6 or upstate/western New York. *Its been ungodly HOT and humid here the past couple weeks. *If I transplant now should I at least wait for the heat to break?