Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sporotrichosis

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compulsive licking is pretty common in cats and dogs. Animals with flea or other allergies are prone to it. My dog will do that too. He is allergic to flea bites (thank god he hasnt had fleas since he was a puppy) and lord know what else...he licks and scratches constantly and keeps ear infections. Once some animals start licking...they can't stop. Paw licking is a common activity. An allergy usually triggers it.

Be careful with cortisone. My dog took it for years for his itching but it can cause liver problems...and also pancreatitis.

Hope your cat is ok. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fortuantely Banjo (our kitty in question) has only had to have 2 cortizone shots in her 8 years of life. The overlapping of the Advantage treatments seems to have solved the problem.
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Thats good. Most of the cronic mutilaters do it when stressed from their owners being gone anyways, but ever since I started keeping a talley of animals with the issue, it go scarry. The worst thing any of my pets has had is my dog licks her paws when trying to calm down from playing, but I got her off of it enough so that she switches to the carpet long befor any were on the fur or worst occurs (hey, it works, a little strange but it kept her from becoming an addict, lol)
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12