What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nevada, california, oregon & washington

• Thread starter Lauderdale
  • Start date
I will be flying to Reno in Mid-September, driving from there through the Sierra Nevada range to Morro Bay on the CA coast then taking the Coast Highway on up to Mount Rainier. My return to Reno will be thru the center of WA, OR and CA. Are there any “must see” CP sites…or growers…or any other just plain interesting places to visit? Any good info will be appreciated.
smile.gif

Greetings,
Only must see site that I can think of is Darlingtonia Wayside in Oregon.

Brian
smile.gif

*see post below for some very good pics.

Darlingtonia Wayside in Florence,OR is great!
smile.gif

Hello,
Over above Everette Washington is a D. Rotundifolia, and P. Macroceras with bladderwort sites by cranberry lake, next to deception pass. Theres some other sites of pings in the cascades.
Kevin

California Carnivores (Sebastopol, CA) and Cook's Carnivorous Plants (Eugene, OR) would be good stops also.

Brian
smile.gif

Portland is a very interesting city to visit
smile.gif
  There is a killer skate park there if you like skateboarding, it's called Burnside skate park.  It's under a bridge.

You could come and visit me up in Lake Tahoe.
wink.gif

(edited by spectabilis) oops, clicked edit instead of quote
smile.gif

Hello,
The indoor sun shoppe in Seattle, and Oudeans willow creek nursery in Snohomish both have good selections of cp's.
Kevin

If you're in the Portland/ Beaverton area over the weekend I'd suggest stopping by the Saturday market. Sarracenia Northwest has a booth there with a nice selection of high quality carnivorous plants.  
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dfalkanger @ Aug. 28 2003,10:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Portland is a very interesting city to visit
smile.gif
  There is a killer skate park there if you like skateboarding, it's called Burnside skate park.  It's under a bridge.

You could come and visit me up in Lake Tahoe.
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
hehe my sister used to skate there...

Lake taho?!? ahh! you should have told me i went through there a week ago!
wow.gif

if you can, visit phil faulisys greenhouse. no one knows about him but he can grow cps better then peter. hes in morgan hill, california.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Aug. 31 2003,11:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you can, visit phil faulisys greenhouse. no one knows about him but he can grow cps better then peter. hes in morgan hill, california.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Where exactly is Morgan Hill? Sounds a little familiar but I'm not sure, does this phil faulisys have a garden center or anything there with his CP's?

What were you in Lake Tahoe for? I live in Stateline up by Heavenly. A week ago I actually wasn't here anyway, I was in LA. That would've been cool to meet you though, you could've taught me a thing or two about CP's
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dfalkanger @ Aug. 31 2003,9:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Aug. 31 2003,11:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you can, visit phil faulisys greenhouse. no one knows about him but he can grow cps better then peter. hes in morgan hill, california.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Where exactly is Morgan Hill?  Sounds a little familiar but I'm not sure, does this phil faulisys have a garden center or anything there with his CP's?

What were you in Lake Tahoe for?  I live in Stateline up by Heavenly.  A week ago I actually wasn't here anyway, I was in LA.  That would've been cool to meet you though, you could've taught me a thing or two about CP's  
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
morgan hill is about an hour south of san fransisco, and a bit inland. if you know where san jose is its about 30 minutes south of that. nope, no garden center, just a cp grower with over 3 huge bog gardens and a green house or two... you should check out his pinguicula gigantea they are huge! and if you ask i bet he would sell you some cps, or give some to you... he is a very nice person. just make sure you contact him before you go to his greenhouse! pm me for his e-mail, and tell him the raffle manager told you about him

Thanks for the replys. I will definitely visit many of these sites...if I have any money left after leaving Reno.
rolleyes.gif

Back