User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: i'm starting to cultivate aroids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been cutivating the basic carnivorous plants for a while now and am wanting to cultivate aroids . I just brought 2 dime size amorphophallus konjac and want to know how to take care of them . i also would like to know what is the easiest one to start with to the hardest one , amorphophallus bulbifer , konjac , paeoniifolius , and sauromatum venosum .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldtrap,
    The Sauromatum venosum is super easy. Ok, so its not REALLY an Amorphophallus, but its close enough. Would you be interested in trading one of your konjac for some S. venosum tubers? Here's a link to some old pictures of my S. venosum.
    Voodoo Lily
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know that but i live in southern california too and I heard they don't do well in this type of climate . sorry , but i would'nt trade the amorphophallus konjac bulb unless i knew what the flower looks like and how big it is . but i would really like to know what are the care instructions for the konjac bulbs I have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my 2 dime sized konjac bulbs a few minutes ago ( sorry pft but you don't sell any ), but I doen't have any care instructions for them , it would really help me if some could tell me a website that tells everything about the amorphophallus konjac and it's care instructions .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldtrap,
    Which one does do well in SoCal? I am growing mine outdoors and it is doing great!

You do know A. konjac gets HUGE right? Hope you have enough space for it. Your dime sized tubers won't be flowering anytime soon, you've got a few years of waiting ahead of you. I planned on getting some from Cooks, if I can't find somebody who has them for trade.

Here's a few links:
    link
    link2
    link3
    link4

If you do a web search on this plant, you'll turn up more info. Good luck with your plant, they grow fast!
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    larry , I just started cultivating aroids and the 2 dime sized amorphophallus konjac bulbs are my first ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

is amorphophallus the second biggest aroid after the amorphophalus titanum and could some one please tell me what type of soil ingrediants and size pot for my amorphophallus konjac bulbs