What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse osmosis system

I just figured out i had a r/o system under my sink , well actually i knew a while ago but i was too lazy to post . i also figured out that I hav been usin the wrong type of water all this time , brita , refrigerator and others i can't remeber . well now i'm not gonna make that mistake. well the r/o system i hav has 3 filters and it is less then 13 years old , I need to replace the filter , how many times do you have to change the filters and how much do they usually cost , and where can i buy them . my system is weak , it make 2 gallons and after that it is weak and make about 1 gallon after 30 minutes or mor . i am still able to use it after all these years or if i use it it will be only dirty water .

Replace the filters, you may be able to find them at home depot or lowes depending on the brand. As far as it being weak, that's how it is supposed to work. Yours only has a two gallon holding tank, but that's more than big enough. Expect to pay about 30-50 for all the filters.

thanks joisepf , the company that make mine say delta freash , and it has 3 filters and 2 other things . but what baout the other questions an is it ok to use the water cuz the system is pretty old .

I also thought that they make at least 10 gallons a day .

As a general rule one should replace the RO membrane annually.
I think you may have a hard time finding a membrane for your unit seeing as it is so old. When was the last time the filters were changed?
The smallest RO systems available are the 10gpd units
but what youve got is under sink kit which usually come with either a 2 or 3 gallon pressure tank.
therefor your RO unit will still produce 10gpd but it will only do it in 2 or 3 gallon increments, as long as all you have is a 2 or 3 gallon pressure tank.

Peace
biggrin.gif

when they were brought i was boprn , they have never been changed so i think that the filter is dangeroud now and i used the water . i wish tap water was always r/o water . , mines is a a big system , but the one they sell at www.californiacarnivores.com is smaller then the one I have and it make 10 gallons a day .

If it 10 years old and no one replace the filter and membrane it mean it doesn't do the job you need to change the 3 filters the membrane and the taste improve filter too.
check the price you might find out change of all would cost the same as to buy a new unit.
I wouldn't use the water from it as it might be a great germ house if it stand for so lonf without use anyway hard to belive the membrane still work after 10 years and also filters after so lonf time also would block .
So better check what you had down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arie

and it has'nt been losed for a long time , also , i know nothing about r/o system so can someone educate me about it wit pics cuz I don't even know what the memebrane is . it was brough in 1990 as my mom said .

Back