Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will all this rain mess up my vft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the harsh title guys. Theres been so much rain latley that while im away it fills my terarrium, that i keep outdoors, above the level of the moss. Ive got a VFT and some various seeds in there waiting to germinate. Will all this rain mess up the germination or my existing plants?
    Quit reading my mind!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BONK

Please refrain from foul language. There is no need for it.
    You have been warned....

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually warned twice. I PMed as well.

As for the rain, it can uproot anything that has started to root or float your seed away to another area of the tank. I'd suggest some sort of rain protective covering if you are going to leave it out unattended with sown seed in it.

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im so sorry about that everyone. didnt think anyone would be affended [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

anyways, it started to rain again and i went to move my terrarium and all the moss was turned to slush! im a-feared i lost all the seeds i have planted? is there any hope for a regeneration?
    Quit reading my mind!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say. Did you pour the excess water out? If so, you might have poured seed out. If not, the seed may drownd. The seed also may have washed around and end up too deeply under soil or moss or in some area that would make germination hard. Only time will tell I guess. There could be seed that didn't wash into a bad place.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not huh. its still filled with water and havent drained it. but i guess this stuff happenes. Luckly i still have some seeds left over to replant with [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]
    Quit reading my mind!

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooh losfreddy you got... ***tremble***... THE MALLET! ***trembles and hides***

Pretty much, follow PlantAKiss's advice, and your seeds should be fine. And this should be in the VFT forum...

Good luck!
    FTG
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the VFT is an actual plant you better get it out of there. Most likely the seeds are toast. If they are Sarr seeds you may get lucky and find some of them, but if they are Drosera I wouldn't hold too much hope for finding them. Like Suzanne said, drain off the excess water and hope for the best. VFTs do not like to be swimming though, so I wouldn't wait too long to drain off that water.

Good luck
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast