What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipping ideas

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
Last month I shipped a small sundew to Purplesundew.  She was delighted with the packaging as much as the plant and thought I should share it with the rest of you.

The packageing consisted of two styrofoam lids from test tube containers (got them from work) and a small/medium sized clear plastic (purple of course
wink.gif
) Easter egg (I liked the symbolism of a new plant[leaf cutting] emerging from an egg (new life)).  I placed crumpled paper towels in each lid for cushion.  I got a small piece of saran wrap, large enough to just cover the small half of the egg and cut a hole in the center just large enough to place the seedlings roots through.  I then placed moist LFS in the smaller half of the egg around the roots and taped the suran to the outside of the egg to hold it in place.  I then closed the top half of the egg and taped it closed.  I placed the egg between the two lids and shook it to make sure the egg didn't need more paper towels to hold it in place, then duck taped the lids together (I was all out of bailing wire
wink.gif

rolleyes.gif
).  It cost about 89¢ to mail if I remember correctly
rolleyes.gif

Here are pics she sent me of what it looked like when she got it.
egg1.jpg
egg2.jpg

wow that is pretty neat
smile.gif
Very creative

BigCarnivourKid, you need a long rest
confused.gif
(kidding
tounge.gif
). i think it is cool to find a small plant neatly tucked in like that
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi