What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatboy

• Thread starter trashcan
  • Start date

trashcan

O:-)
Hi all.

I saw on the news a few hours ago that was a suspected terrorist bombing of a night club in Bali. There are at least 180 missing, and possibly dead. :0 . I also was under the impression that was where Fatboy was living (tell me I'm wrong!) . I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything from him, or if anyone knows that he is OK?

Here are the articles I was looking at:
http://www.voanews.com/article....2989783
http://reuters.com/news_ar....1569591

Think positive thoughts! (that's more for reassuring myself then a command obviously..)

Pat

Hi Trashy

Thanks for thinking of me, and to the other people that have PM’d me also.
The place that was bombed is my regular pub and it is only because my mother in law is visiting that I wasn’t there myself last night! If not I would almost certainly have been so.
The bar people, staff, bouncers and all the other people I say “Hi” to are gone. The place is a crater, black and smoking. Buildings for about 3km have lost their windows, it was massive.
Two clubs side by side are just not there any more. I have been to both a million times and I was at Paddy's on Thursday night.

I can’t tell you what this has done to this beautiful Island that I live on. It is the closest I can come to appreciating what you all went through with the World Trade Centre last year.
I went to the local hospital where I donated blood. I am B-, as about 99% of Asians are + rhesus there is a shortage of - blood. The number of dead from last night’s blast is now at 192, mostly Australians. There are too many bodies at the hospital so they are wrapped in plastic on the floor, all blackened and twisted.

I have seen some awful awful awful things.
Things that look like people but are piled high in heaps, legs, arms, heads in strange, unnatural poses that shouldn’t be. There was a pile of about 30 or 40 bodies just stacked in the debris amongst wood and metal. All like things to be thrown away, not like people any more. They were all dressed up and having a good time on holidays. It has really blown me away.
It all looks so wrong and strange if you can appreciate what I mean?

The only thing I have heard about the bomber was that it was a suicide car bomb.
There was another smaller one about 50m around the corner from the US consul. I went there and there was a big chunk out of the side of a tree but no other damage. No one hurt.

Thanks again for your thoughts guys.

Troy.

I just got wind of the thing as well...( It figures when I am not watching CNN, something happens. )

Troy, and everyone in that part of the world,

My heart goes out to you!!

WTF, Bali of all places. These lousy pieces of crap (putting it mildly) just want to kill innocent people. It makes me sick. My thoughts are with you fatboy.

That is so sickening.  
sad.gif
 I am real upset over this now. My feelings of sorrow out to everyone affected by this, and we are all very glad you were fortunate Troy and not involved in this attack.

Fatboy, we are glad you are well and were not involved in that tragedy. Our sympathy goes to you and the good people of Bali who do not deserve such horror. Hopefully one day soon there will be peace in our world so we can all live on this planet without fear in our hearts.

Troy,
I am happy you and your family were physically unharmed and I hope the mental harm goes away. I just cannot comprehend the mentality that can do something like this - it accomplishs nothing.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the global climatic changes are adversely effecting the mental state of humans, similar to the effect the full moon will have on people.

No Cheers

It's just the way humans are. They lose themselves in their own emotions, forgetting what's important, and what's right, potenialy leading to events of the likes we have recently seen. I'm glad you are all right fatboy.

Aaaaw... TROY!!! Ugh, I can't imagine how everyone would have felt if you were there... Its beyond wut I could percieve... I'm so happy you have in-laws!

I don't know what to say Troy, other than I am glad you are OK and I will keep you and the people of Bali in my prayers.
sad.gif

' '
 ' '
 ' '
 --

Fatboy, I am glad you and your family are ok.

This experience should serve to show the world that terrorism just isn't one countries, or a handfull of countries problems, it can strike anywhere, anytime...

Guys sorry to bring this up again, I don't want to go into any mroe details as this is not the place but if you are at all interested in any of the details of what is happening to people here in Bali, try this site:

Bali Travel Forum

Regards to you all and thanks for your wishes - Troy.

PS I am fatbastard on that forum

Fatboy,
Speaking as a New Yorker, who went through this last year, it sucks. I'm real sorry, man, that any else has to go through this. When will people learn? This sort of thing just doesn't work.

Maybe our Governments can take a lesson from Star Trek. Then we'd only be fighting with aliens (of which of course I believe there are none)...no money, no war, just peace!
tounge.gif

Sorry, just trying to lighten things up a little. Terrorism and war are so disheartening to everyone, and I'm a Mom...makes me all the more worried about letting my children go out into the world for fear of what might happen to them.
sad.gif

I really am glad you're ok Fatboy, my prayers are with everyone ever effected by terrorism.
sad.gif

oh man, that must be pretty hard, im glad that you werent hurt, my sympathy goes to all over in Bali, God Bless you all over there,
Kervin

I'm SO relieved Troy. You were the first thing I thought of when I heard the news...and the second being the tragic loss of life. And you are right, it is like a scaled down version of 9-11. But no less devastating whether its one person or thousands. You still know it was cruel, cowardly and senseless.

Isn't it a shame that people can't learn to live together, not to hate?

I just heard the sniper here may have claimed another victim. Someone was just shot at a Home Depot. Everyone around here is so nervous...schools are in lockdown. You are scared to pump gas at a gas station or go shopping. It is so senseless...all this loss of life.
sad.gif

I am happy your family is safe...and sorrowful for the friends you lost Troy. What you've been through is a very hard thing...everyone here in the U.S. knows how you feel...

Suzanne

Man oh man it's getting nasty everywhere, so much hate and destruction! I am becoming ashamed of my own species. I am so sorry for it all, sorry you had to see these dark days hit so close to home, sorry for the wasted lives of those gone and the ones left behind to chew it over and probably all the more ready to continue the cycle of hate. The hardest thing is to not hate these sick people, but this is just where it has to go! It takes more than a common man to set aside hatred. Today on country radio here some performer was singing about how "Uncle Sam" is going to "put a bullet in your ***". As if there were any justifiable cause for revenge, or that there is anyone to hurt other than Ourselves.

May you find the love that will heal this hurt! My heart goes out to you Troy, and to the people close to you that are so directly affected by this, and to the countless others that will be touched by this latest wave of darkness. These things lessen us all.

Back