What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera or squirrel

Hi! I have a hypothetical question for everybody. If you were at the edge of the cliff and a a squirrel and a drosera fell off at the same time, which one would you save?
Kind of weird, but I wanted to see if people care more about annoying animals or their cp's.
biggrin.gif

I would probably save the squirrel let it free, and then go to the bottom of the cliff and get the damaged drosera and repot it and put it in a tray of distilled water. I think it would live
smile.gif

Neither. I wouldn't jump off of the cliff and risk my life to save a squirrell or a cp
tounge.gif

Cp, all the squirrels are nuts

rolleyes.gif
hhhm , it would probably depend on what drosera it was
tounge.gif
and if i knew that squuirrel personally , other wise i would'nt rescue any of them and rescue my self instead and enjoy my own sundews and see the as much squirrels i want in the trees
biggrin.gif

I would save the squirrel and let the drosera go. Then drive 50 miles drop off the tree rat off in the woods. Then I would take care of the drosera and get some cuttings off of it.
rolleyes.gif
My thought is a squirrel is a living animal which could die and a drosera could take the fall better. Even though I do not really like squirrels...but squirrels do make good stew.
smile.gif

Travis

Hello,
Ditto on everyting with Travis. Its a plant
wink.gif
, its not worth a squirrel, even though some people hate them.
Kevin

wow.gif
poor squirell Slizarus! but I understand they can be VERY destructive and mean
tounge.gif
I think the save squirrel and repot sundew/take cuttings would work, I hadn't thought of that.

I'd save the squirrel. Catching a sundew would be messier.
wink.gif

Now if it was a VFT...I'd be having squirrel stew! Why should animals come above plants? Last I checked we don't have a shortage of squirrels.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jhaluska @ Sep. 24 2003,8:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd save the squirrel.  Catching a sundew would be messier.
wink.gif

Now if it was a VFT...I'd be having squirrel stew!  Why should animals come above plants?  Last I checked we don't have a shortage of squirrels.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I would think a scared squirrel that just fell off a cliff would probably bite and scratch you when you grabbed it.

Can or do Squirrels carry rabies? Too messy I would save the plant. Especially considering how many squirrels we have around here.

I think the squirrel should have known better than to be on the edge of a cliff.
wink.gif

Squarels can carry rabies virus.I would definately save the dew
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (droseradude @ Sep. 22 2003,9:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi! I have a hypothetical question for everybody. If you were at the edge of the cliff and a a squirrel and a drosera fell off at the same time, which one would you save?
Kind of weird, but I wanted to see if people care more about annoying animals or their cp's.
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I wouldn't go after either of them. It's one thing to fall off a cliff, it's another thing to jump off. It'd just prove I'm dumber than the squirrel which fell off.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I would bring a net and I miss o well. I go to the bottom of the cliff grab the dead squirrel for stew and the drosera for cuttings. There would be know way I would grab the squirrel with my hands...Travis

I love squirrels they're so cute. I've never met a squirrel I didn't like (never had a problem with any). I would save the squirrel, unless the sundew in question was an Australian Rosetted Tuberous Sundew or other ultra-rare sundew, then I'd go for the sundew.

Y'all, I dare to be different. I would go for the dew without hesitation. Then, if there were others around, they'd look at me funny as I laugh evilly as I run off with the dew...

Back