Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For everyone...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a nice day!

Rampup: They are not mine. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] They belong to the "Underwater World", a aquarium exhibit at Sentosa, our offshore island for R&R.

Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A leafy sea dragon!
    They are from where I am from, the south of Australia.

I used to see them sometimes when I dived around Albany right down on the south coast as well as dozens of the regular weedy sea dragons.

This is what they look like:

Cheers, Troy

Just noticed there's a weedy behind the leafy in your aquarium Cindy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Frickin cool...
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're ever in Baltimore check out the aquarium there....unbelievable collection of seahorses.

Wow! Beautiful pics guys! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know the status of the animals?

Are they endangered? I just ask because I don't think I have ever seen one in a private collection... I don't know much about them, but if memory serves, aren't their diets difficult to replicate or something?
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to have a tank just filled with them so I did a little research. Their numbers in the wild are severly declining, like CPs and sadly for the same reasons. Sea horses and dragons also do not do extremely well in captivity and if they are kept they should be alone due to their eating habits and needs. Due to there severly declining population, due to collection by sellers, I decided against my tank.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about that! Very amazing looking little critter...never heard of them. It kinda looks like Mother Nature was really tired and fed up creating creatures ...and she had a few random parts of this and that, so she stuck them all together rather hastily and said "There! I'm done!"...and wiped her brow. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

What does a weedy sea dragon look like? Are there other ones? This needs investigating.

Momma Nature never ceases to amaze me.

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast