What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My flytrap from Lowes??

when it was dying off acouple months ago whe ni bought it and it has seen then in the past month be sending out very small traps- so should i wait till next year to put it in dormancy then??

I would wait. Typically the plants from Lowes are straight out of TC, so they don't need dormancy. I was in the same situation last year. This year, the VFT filled up a 6 inch pot and has 1 inch traps. So it was happy skipping dormancy, I think.

SF

sounds good to me - thanks
smile.gif

just a note, if you got your flytrap in one of those square plastic boxes lowes does, petflytrap investigated this a while back (infact the idea was stolen from us, but we don't really care) we found that the plastic in the box must block a few needed bandwidths of light because the plants were simply not as healthy in them. I would suggest, that if you are using that box, that you not do so.

Back