What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falconry

what an interesting topic , true that if you get a falcon and mistreat it or feed it before letting it go it will probably not return but if you get a hawk it will depend on you and will ignore your mistakes because all it wants is food and shelter . i don
t think its a real sport as you don't really do much but training , i consider it a hobby . i never knew that raptors can get that expensive , sure i want to get a mynah but falcns and hawk , i think i'll skip on the pricing if i ever want tio get in this hobby but just like nep g i'm all ready in botany .
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (goldtrap2690 @ Oct. 31 2003,10:54)]what an interesting topic , true that if you get a falcon and mistreat it or feed it before letting it go it will probably not return but if you get a hawk it will depend on you and will ignore your mistakes because all it wants is food and shelter . i don
t think its a real sport as you don't really do much but training , i consider it a hobby . i never knew that raptors can get that expensive , sure i want to get a mynah but falcns and hawk , i think i'll skip on the pricing if i ever want tio get in this hobby but just like nep g i'm all ready in botany .
biggrin.gif
It is called a sport because you train the hawk/falcon to hunt and return, they hunt the gamebirds, you give them some of the meat, and you eat the rest, maybe even stuff the bird if it's not all bloody
tounge.gif
wow.gif
. just like regular hunting
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
To call falconry a hobby is an insult to the sport. falconers do not keep the birds as pets (If you ever call a falconer a "pet keeper" you are likely to go home with a bloody nose), They do keep the bird in a cage at night though. when hunting, the bird is free and could literally able to fly away if it wanted to. but it stays. It works with the humans for food, water, shelter, everything
biggrin.gif

Back