What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look And Colors

Look And Colors - Tell me what you think

• I can't imagine how I've lived without it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like it a lot

• it's ok

• I'm indifferent

• I hate it

• It's Repulsive

• Total voters
Hey guys,

Be honest... tell me what you think...

I have some kinks to work out but overall this was the look and feel we were shooting for in order to open the forums up to other plant/animal discussions.

Feedback appreciated.

It's okay. I liked the simplicity of the old forums, though. And I have to say I'd prefer a flytrap over the oak leaves at the top
smile.gif

Just get the new chatroom up and all will be well.

I don't really hate it, I just don't really like it.
ghostface.gif

It's OK. It's neither here, nor there, just different.

SF

It is ok - I suppose it takes some getting use too. It is hard to make a decision right off the of the bat. Since (my own opinion) people do not like change at first, it is ez to say I do not like it.
wink.gif

Travis

I like it. Seems simpler, and plus I like green
smile.gif

You're on the right track! But it still needs some work. Button's (search, members, help) should be changed. Title graphic would look much cooler with VFTs IMHO. And on my monitor it seems to not use up all my screen real estate.

Hey All,

Thanks a bunch! Keep the comments coming.

We're working on the look of it now.

The reason you don't really see CPs in the header.... is we're trying to make it more... 'plant' related etc... so we can adapt general plant topics. Maybe I'll throw some flytraps up there for good measure ;)

It's pretty good. cps at the top would be better. well actually this color green is a little... well it sticks out, and is that yucky green color... I liked the old blue and white ikonboard color, the green sticks out a bit.

hey, you told me to be honest
tounge.gif

Im not big on this new green color..  The overall format is great. I like all the upgrades, the color fonts in posts, the custom member level tags over the avatars ect ect...  just this green is a lil sickening. Thanks for all the great work though Phil
smile.gif

Steve

Edit: One other thing I've noticed is that on the old board, when you clik on "mark all topics as read" it would take you back to the main board index. Now it leaves you on the same topic. Is that something that can be changed? Does anyone else prefer it to return to the main index page?

Steve

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ Oct. 26 2003,11:07)]One other thing I've noticed is that on the old board, when you clik on "mark all topics as read" it would take you back to the main board index. Now it leaves you on the same topic. Is that something that can be changed? Does anyone else prefer it to return to the main index page?
I preferred that too.  I usually open all topics in new windows at one time (at 56K it sometimes takes a while for them to all get loaded
laugh.gif
).  So having it return to the main index index saved me a few clicks and some time.

As for the new look, I haven't decided if I like it or not yet.  Though I do like it not taking up the full width of my monitor.

i like the green color. it has a more, umm, user friendly feeling to it. are those oak leaves on the top or are they maple leaves? Zongyi
smile.gif

Well I've been mulling it over. While I really liked the color of green, I don't think its easy on the eyes for a monitor. Perhaps a darker green wouldn't be so glaring. What might be "pretty" may not be good for eyeballs staring at it.

This may not apply to everyone, but at work I'm on a 21-inch monitor and the forum board was surrounded with a whole lot of empty space (green at the time) which kind made the forums look puny. Perhaps it isn't like that on smaller monitors.

I think the image at the top (the leaves) could make a stronger statement. Maybe its too much "all green". While its pretty, it seems kinda wimpish. How about more of a jungle look. Jungles are known for both their lush vegetation and diverse and interesting animal life. Can't get much more "terra" and earthy than a jungle.

Ok...I'm babbling now.
smile.gif

My 1-cent worth...

why not fall leaves that are bright red? Zongyi

Yah, I see what you're saying.

I think I might agree.

I like it although maybe work on a couple of other skins so that people can change it to the color that they prefer.
sad.gif
Im gonna miss the cartoon plant guys but... well... on with the new I suppose. Aside from that.. I dont know, maybe too much green it would be nice to either have the background or the leaves a different color to add a little contrast. Fall leaves would be nice then you could just put sticks for the winter
tounge.gif
I was kiddin by the way about the sticks ;)

Hey...I have an idea!  You could make the top part change with the seasons.  Like...every day the image changes kinda like a time lapse video...bare trees...then little bit of green in the spring, then baby leaves, then full leaves, then the leaves turn fall colors...and drop off.  And then the winter winds start blowing and snow starts swirling all around...the wind is whistling through the bare trees...a wolf howls its lonely lament to the sky....and...   ERRK!  
wow.gif
 Oh.  Where am I??  Oops...had a litte out of body experience there.  hehe  ;)

Just kiddin'  
biggrin.gif
(But that would be cool, huh?)

Well, I guess it will take some getting use to. I sorta liked the other one better. I like this one, but I like the little light bulbs you got on the old one. I also like how you could have two different "skins".

I like the green ok.  I think a darker green or a dark blue would look better.  Also, i would prefer that more topics show up on a page than 15.  I think 25-30 would be more convenient. Other than that i really like the new format.
smile.gif

-buckeye

Well it looks like the leaves have turned into a jungle since lunch!  I like that better.  Makes me think of Nepenthes
biggrin.gif
!
Eliminating that broad swath of green at the top and replaceing it with a jungle motif is an improvement.

Back