Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is good with computers??

Jeff Hasenflu 623N.Schenley Ave.Youngstown,Oh44509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

i have a emachines computer - which is junk - anyhow i'm trying to install my digital camera cd format so that i can start to download pictures on line. when i go to run to read the cd i get this error - the procedure entry point GETC5rrentProcess could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. emachines tech support is a joke they never know what the heck they are talking about i swear.... can someone help me out- thanks Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what kind of digital camera is it?
    you dont necessarily need to install the software on the CD..
    Do you take the card out of the camera, then put the card into a "card reader" that is attached to your computer..
    or..
    is the actual camera itself attached to the computer with a cord?
    Scot

Jeff Hasenflu 623N.Schenley Ave.Youngstown,Oh44509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi- kodak easyshare cx4200 you have to plug it into the harddrive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You plug it in your hard drive? That is really odd? Most digital camera have USB adaptors that plug into your computer. Sometimes you do not need the software that the company gave you (it is not often but weirder things have happened).
    As for that Kernell32.dll, I hate that error. Most of the time it is something to do with your memory management, input/output operations, and interrupts. When you start Windows, Kernel32.dll is loaded into a protected memory space so that other programs do not take over that memory space. I ended up buying a new memory stick and have no troubles yet. *knocking on wood* Most of that I got off the web looking around for endless hours.

travis
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, getting closer!

what are the specs of your computer?
    you need at least:

WINDOWS 98, 2000, Millennium Edition, or XP OS
    233 MHz processor or greater
    64MB RAM (128MB RAM for WINDOWS XP)
    200MB hard drive disk space available
    CD-ROM drive
    Available USB port
    Color monitor, 800x600 pixels (16-bit or 24-bit recommended)

does your computer meet those requirements?
    the easyshare dock should just plug into your computer with a USB cable.
    im not sure if you need to install the specific Kodak software to download images to your computer..
    it might just be a image viewing program, which isnt necessary..
    although there might be a driver on that Kodak disk, which you might need..

what happens when you attach the dock to the computer with the USB cable, put the camera on the dock, and press the button?

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your computer meets the above specs you should be able to plug it into the usb device. If a window doesn't pop up saying it detects new hardware, go to the add hardware tab and tell it to search. It should find the device and give it a drive label.

If your computer doesn't meet the above requirments use it as a doorstop and get a new one.

Casper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so you know... like Travis said, the Kernel32.dll error is usually associated with memory, however, it IS the core of your operating system... so... if you have had lots of OS problems with it in the past, I would be weary of that maybe.

If your specs are up to par you might also try doing a windows update, this overwrites sometimes corrupted files... it's a shot in the dark at best, but it works suprisingly often.

If you end up having to get new RAM, or for that matter, ever need to buy new parts for a computer (or accessories) I highly reccomend www.newegg.com, I have found them to generally have the best prices on the web, and they carry great stuff.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked Kodak's website for software updates? Perhaps they already know about the problem and have a patch available. Also, try calling Kodak or emailing them for help.

It looks like the latest EasyShare Software release for Windows is May, 2003.

Nick

Careful where you crawl, it might be a trap!

http://www.carnivorium.com
    http://www.buckeyecarnivores.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast